NEW YORK | PAC NYC (Performing Arts Center at WTC) | 138 FT

I hope all of the lights on the surrounding buildings can be turned amber. The blue kind of takes away from it.

Thats the digital signs just out front the Perelman. There is a point where the sign changes and the blue light isn’t on the building

10 Likes

The western partitions have been taken down from Fulton to Vesey and now the raised block of seating is acting as the barrier.

I’ll take a closer look on Friday or the weekend, but I want to say that the stair on the west side leads down to the Western Concourse, otherwise I feel like it wouldn’t be lit up, though that could be construction lighting coming from where it leads to.

Generally, I think the area will look more inviting in the evening hours when the lanterns are turned on, it’s kind of crazy how bright the info screen are.

4 Likes

I noticed that yesterday but was waiting for a day shot today that never came.

This would be a pleasant surprise if true, but I don’t recall where exactly in the Western Concourse this would be possible.

3 Likes

My guess would be around this area on the balcony level next to the Condé Nast entrance to One WTC.

3 Likes

Here’s Westfield’s official floor plan for that area. The balcony lies just beneath Fulton Street and the stairs in question are positioned further north. To me, it would seem more likely to serve as emergency egress for the Vehicular Security Center.

4 Likes

I should have clarified myself, I didnt necessarily mean that they opened up directly into the concourse, but that there could be an existing egress corridor that would eventually connect to it. I didnt say that it would be a frequent public route either, it could be an egress route for the concourse too.

1 Like

Oh, possibly. I wish I had the detailed blueprints of the site and not just the retail plans.

1 Like

Some Instagram shots. I can’t wait for this to open

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv73LmmOndd/?igshid=MmU2YjMzNjRlOQ==

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv8TmdXuSMw/?igshid=MmU2YjMzNjRlOQ==

22 Likes

this is ferocious!

2 Likes

It looks like most of that area is already filled in with cement as of today, perhaps leaving that little section in the northeast corner of the block for last. My guess is they’ll fill the rest with cement and then take a single dedicated day to cover that entire stretch of Vesey with asphalt in one go.

Once that’s all paved and dry, down come the remaining barriers! Folks walking down to the complex from the north will have the easiest time since the Radio Row days.

6 Likes

I can head down after work to confirm if that is the case or not.

So that was and wasnt the case. The majority of Vesey has been covered in the concrete underlayment but for the NE corner as you mentioned and another large portion to the North. Though as I mentioned some time ago, parts of the south side of Vesey up against the PAC/VSC were already asphalted and finished up, so its a mixture of finished roadway, finished unerlayment, and still working on infrastructure with areas of no underlayment.

Sorry about all the blurry photos, I only stopped on the last one.

As to the stair on the west side, the front of it has been releveled and the pavers are not all uneven anymore. But upon looking into it, I couldnt tell what I was looking at, it looked like a giant vent. I need to go by again during the daytime.

10 Likes

From what it looks like in your last image, they’ll cover the new cement underlayment with asphalt very soon, leaving behind only the northeast corner area totally exposed and messed up. I guess the utilities are especially complex in that portion?

1 Like

I think they’ll just pour the roadway up until the mid point where the north opening is in the underlayment, and then do the other half when the utilities area is completed.

2 Likes

Something like this until the fences come down altogether, perhaps. It’ll leave one of the two portals to the VSC open (unless the second one is actually for the PAC).

9 Likes

Yeah, something along the lines of that, but I wouldnt have included the rear or nw side of the PAC. Work on the roadway isn’t tied to work being done around the building.

It would be more like this (blue is current boundary)

7 Likes

Took some pics yesterday, the western stair is definitely an egress stair, very similar to the 2 on the south end of the memorial.

14 Likes

Bit hard to make out since the cam hasn’t updated since last night but they moved the planters to align with the true 2 WTC curb outline:

10 Likes

Just as I predicted, I can take a quick snap after work :+1:

2 Likes

The underlayment seems to be riding abnormally high on the curb in the northeast corner, unless that part is meant to have a concrete surface.

1 Like