NEW YORK | PAC NYC (Performing Arts Center at WTC) | 138 FT

Recreated the rendering shot from the 2018 video

20 Likes

The Greenwich St enclosure has been completely cleared of materials with everything now just being pushed into the north west quadrant. The area to the north of 2 WTC is also now almost cleared of materials and machinery. That fenced in area may also be opened up when everything else is.

That northern corner of the PAC sidewalk has also been poured and it’s granite curb stones are waiting to be installed, otherwise I’d say over 95% of the surrounding sidewalk is completed. It is still kind of sad how 4 of the 6 new trees are dead or dying.

You can also see the Vesey sidewalk has all been ripped up on the left (west) side.

9 Likes

I noticed there are a handful or more of trees not doing so well this year on the Memorial Plaza as well. Hopefully these trees get some TLC this fall and come back stronger next year!

3 Likes

17 Likes

@TK2000 great pictures and angles in this + your preceding posts. Really gave me a feeling of being there for a moment.

3 Likes

I like the changing pattern of the individual stone panels/tiles on each side of the facade (I think marble) as the dark colored veins all gradually change direction. They did a ‘book-match’ in the center, then changed to a ‘pattern match’ on the sides - beautiful feature.

2 Likes

The night shots are handheld too! I impressed myself with those shots

4 Likes

They took down some of the fence line on the eastern side and opened it up. I think the very southern portion of the walkway in front of the pac is open too with the fence lined up just in front of the stairs.

9 Likes

It was only the larger fence that was taken down, but the small partitionable barracades are still outlining the south sidewalk of the building as they have been, it has just been brought closer to the building but it’s not up against it.

4 Likes

I can’t really tell whether they filled in that dirt wedge between 2WTC’s temporary west sidewalk and temporary roadway. It looks like it might be some kind of cheap cement distinct from the asphalt on either side of it but I can’t tell from these images:

3 Likes

Speaking of the cement. Why did they add more sidewalk space to Fulton next to the Oculus. One could obviously presume the amount of foot traffic, but I just noticed it recently

Its just wet old asphalt :+1:

The added sidewalk was presumably for the Smorgasburg every Friday in the Summer.

3 Likes

It’s probably to accommodate the greenmarket that’s been on and off at the WTC since 1984. I’m thinking they might be able to set up a few more stalls on the western portion of the 2WTC block since there’s clearly plenty of open space now.

Closing part of the Fulton roadway allows those food trucks to just park there and set up shop.

1 Like

Its just wet old asphalt

Now I really hope they do paint over that area to make it look consistent.

I can’t really see around the corner, but my guess is that the subway entrance isn’t quite ready yet.

2 Likes

Forgot to add this, the marble at night

11 Likes

It is the least ready of all the areas because of the underground utility work that was occuring in that zone.

Sorry about the quality, there was a smudge on the camera lens of my phone and i didnt notice until after the fact…

19 Likes

The ever-receding construction boundaries…we’re nearly there! Soon, 2 and 5 will be the only WIP plots remaining at the complex and each is isolated to its own block. For the first time, it’ll feel like we can actually walk around unimpeded.

17 Likes

26 Likes

Wow. Spaceship taking off for parts unknown.

1 Like

That seems like nearly all of the lighting is on now! I knew they’ve been testing

1 Like