NEW YORK | New York Ocean Barrier

Concerning the dirt, at least they are being honest with the rendering. LOL

2 Likes

Have to agree here. Renderings like these are infinitely better than greenwashed marketing scams disguised as legitimate architectural work. I always liked renderings like the following…

2 Likes

The renderings you posted aren’t greenwashed. They show sidewalk planters which are prevelant here. If I remember correctly, you don’t live here in the city. I also gather from several of your posts that your architectural vision is somewhat Miesian/brutalist/dystopian so I don’t expect you to get it.

I showed these renderings to show how renderings should be done. As in, not like the following rendering…

As for my place of residence, I live in Florida, surrounded by the very nature we are talking about. Let me just tell you, it’s not all what it’s being cracked up to be, the rewilding and what not, it’s a terrible idea. I currently have squirrels digging inside the walls of my own home and it’s gotten to a pretty bad point. That’s the reason I prefer less naturalistic forms of architecture. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me,

1 Like

literally no one is asking for that, is that last rendering even supposed to be in NY?

Just using this as an example.

i dont mean to be short here but what does that have to do with this project?

No, no problem whatsoever. As for my original point, I quote;

The above is the point I was trying to make originally. Sort of how it’s better to show a proposal in as realistic a manner as possible.

Ran by there today. It doesn’t look bad for a blank concrete wall, but that is admittedly a very low bar.

8 Likes

It’s honestly better than nothing, and I do like the design. Next time a storm as big as Sandy comes, surely there won’t be as much flooding

1 Like

What’s on the other side? Is this part of the east river park redesign? low bar indeed.

its better than the drab flat renderings we saw for the west side. I just wish they were more thoughtfully designed.

Where is this? I wonder what the contingency is when these start collecting graffiti.

Based on the photo, this is just south of Stuytown under the FDR

1 Like

Precisely. Didn’t get to the other side but it should be the East River esplanade.