NEW YORK | Metropolitan Future Skyline Photo Collection

Honestly, I’m okay with the current design for penn15. Maybe it’s that, the height, and proximity to the Empire State Building that receives lots of hate so far.

I like the newest 15 Penn design too, but that’s the wrong location for it IMO. Any supertall that’s so close to ESB should have some architectural nods toward Art Deco, like a nice decorative crown or a setback/tapering massing–think One Vanderbilt or 175 Park. 15 Penn’s ultra-modern, futuristic design clashes too strongly with ESB, the world’s most iconic skyscraper. It’s distracting. I’m not opposed to these ultra-contemporary designs in NYC, but they should be on Hudson Boulevard or Park Avenue, not next to Art Deco landmarks.

4 Likes

New York 1939 and the skyline without the Great Depression.

11 Likes

Is the tower on the far right the Larkin Building? I believe the Hearst Tower was cancelled as well.

1 Like

Yes! The others are all from diagrams on SkyscraperPage.

2030 compared to 2020! I’m not sure I placed all of the buildings in their accurate locations, so the spots are approximates, but the heights are correct.

12 Likes

I just rewatched avatar uncut. Do you guys think the opening scene city is supposed to be NYC?

2 Likes

Updated

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUbPPl4sL-C/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes

I hope 262 Fifth is canceled.

6 Likes

Doubt it, I think this is the Russian middle finger to the US.

2 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

Baidu Metaverse in New York City.

4 Likes

I wonder if this will level the playing field

4 Likes

What a shame. It seems like the Middle East, NYC, and other major U.S. cities might get ahead with the most skyscrapers

1 Like

I would also bet on India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh capitalizing. The trio of countries have a ton of people in poor living conditions who really are chomping at the bit for some more skyscrapers.

1 Like

Unless something really special happens the rest of the US doesn´t even have a chance. NYC is the only one even competitive and even then that´s only when looking at individual cities. The Middle East? Maybe. But who knows if their population can support that.

1 Like

You shouldn´t expect trophy towers for a while, but apartments should start going up a lot. India especially has been investing in infrastructure.

India has some supertalls U/C and proposed. I think the people of Bangladesh are more concerned about potable water and possible governmental collapse than building skyscrapers.

2 Likes