NEW YORK | Metropolitan Future Skyline Photo Collection

I think Miami and Toronto are the only cities in the hemisphere that can compete with NYC in terms of new skyscraper construction. But Miami’s supertalls never seem to get off the ground, and Toronto seems to be cracking down on too much luxury construction. I think NYC will remain on top in the West.

1 Like

Not for at least 5-10 years for those commercial Towers of Babel, but they’ll certainly be willing or even wanting to at least get rid of a couple of those legacy slum areas for new projects that give a reasonable amount of space and that don’t have 20 people living in one unit. No, their utilities aren’t the best, but it’s certainly better than dealing with China’s crackpot crackdowns. Meanwhile, the west needs to heal up, exercise their demons and wait to get back in the ring.

If LA would densify we could see some competition there, but even so, itś in an earthquake-prone area so that makes it even harder

1 Like

There’s one supertall in Miami that has a chance of being under construction, the Waldorf Astoria Hotel and Residences

And I agree, NYC might remain on top in the U.S. for a while

1 Like

New York City has no competition among western cities in skyscraper construction or proposals. Chicago used to give New York a run for its money, but those days are long gone.

1 Like