NEW YORK | Metropolitan Future Skyline Photo Collection

That would be great! Still looking forward to seeing your new renders of New York City including the recent proposals such as the 1100 foot tower on 57th street and the new 995 foot super tall on 5th Avenue.

2 Likes

It doesn’t need to be that crazy, just needs roughly a 200-foot crown and a 300-foot spire that takes it just above 2,000 feet.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I am designing a building that if it actually gets built, will be the second tallest building in the world! I designed this for fun btw so it’s not an actual proposal.

Liberty Centre
Height: 2,632 feet (802.234 meters)
Floors: 130
Highest occupied floor: 1,980 feet (603 meters)
Address: 1535 Broadway, New York, NY 10036
Functions: Office, Hotel, Residential, Retail

Let me know what you guys think about it! Any criticisms, what you like about it, and if this is worthy of being in the greatest city on earth!

6 Likes

I’m in no rush to see the Roosevelt razed. I think it’s beautiful.

1 Like

Well, one solution could be a tower like this, 650 meters tall and to be placed on the Empire Station Complex.
It would be interesting to see this tower inserted into the New York skyline at that site. :grinning:

2 Likes

I agree. It would be a shame if the beautiful Hotel Roosevelt is demolished while the dumpy 335 Madison two blocks away is renovated.

I mean, at least get those 20-30 story, 1980’s filler buildings out. With all the new construction that’s about to occur, it’s literally the Graybar, 250 Park, the Helmsley, the Yale Club, and 52 Vanderbilt which are left of the old Terminal City.

Rgarri, could you please post an angle like this from your New York model of the 2030 skyline compared to now? I know my sketch is rough, but it helps to show the impact on the skyline the new developments would have.

12 Likes

6 Likes

If you’ve ever wondered what Chicago would look like with New York’s future buildings….

4 Likes

No. Just, No.

2 Likes

2020-2030

7 Likes

From my 3D model

18 Likes

I’m really liking the amount of growth in Manhattan, but there’s something about it I’m not digging. We need more outlandish designs that will amaze people from all around the world

4 Likes

I really hope 350 Park and Project Commodore get built! killer designs IMO

3 Likes

The last four renderings rgarri posted are :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :open_mouth: :hushed:

1 Like

That’s because most of the buildings proposed are 13-1400 ft range. For a building to really stand out, it needs to be 530 meters (1700 ft)+

1 Like

Not even that. The masses of the new towers are great, but they do seem overwhelming from certain views as they seem to not respect the older towers

2 Likes

175 Park is almost guaranteed to get built, I don’t know when 350 Park plans on going through the process tho.

I can’t understand foster 's penn15 design hate in this forum.
With the guaranteed premium finishings that will come with, It will be one of foster best skyscrapers for sure…
It is an expensive and improved version if foster Madrid Skyscraper. The detail will be outstanding.
It is true that overall, Pelli design was more attractive, but this one is really great as well, to be honest.

2 Likes