NEW YORK | LOW-RISE / GENERAL Development News + Construction

I just realized that is this project,

All the building’s have an interesting facade material choice, I’m interested to see how that comes out. It looks like a very large substrate terrazzo.

2 Likes

Wow! it looks much nicer than I was expecting! Hopefully, the materials end up looking like these renderings.

I’m going to add this article to the topic

2 Likes

https://therealdeal.com/new-york/2023/02/17/sternlichts-lnr-eyes-foreclosure-of-thor-midtown-properties

On Atlantic

7 Likes

I forgot the thread that this belonged too so I’ll post them here.

6 Likes

Pace gallery

7 Likes

120 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn

4 Likes

Development on 17th St between 5th and 6th. Think it is an addition to 122 Fifth Ave.

9 Likes

Did you notice anything under construction across the road?

I think this site has been empty for a very long time.

2 Likes

Nothing noticeable.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Can you copy and paste the article? This is such a drab building in a prime location. I wonder how full it is and what the tenants’ lease terms are.

This site warrants a limestone RAMSA.

The building website mentions that there is no available space in the building, so unless tenants leases are expiring soon, I don’t see much happening here. And if SLGreen ever decides to redevelop the site/building, I’d imagine they will work with KPF on another commercial office tower or mixed-use project rather than a solely residential building.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m curious if Ashkenazy’s leases with Columbia state that they can cancel on short notice pursuant to a demo clause or something to that effect.

Is SLG involved with this building too? They’re obviously involved with the adjacent building (625 Madison) that Ashkenazy owns.

I’d like to see this one redeveloped even before 625. 635 Madison is utterly drab.

Mmm, I can’t speak much to the first part, but I am slightly confused on who owns the building because SLGreen also lists the property in their portfolio, and the article made it seem like Ashkenazy only leases the ground floor from SLG and can’t make the payments anymore but as the screenshot you shared suggests, they also share it in their assets/portfolio.

of 635 Madison Ave. thread was closed early…

I think that with 625, SLG has a very long term lease on the building, but Ashkenazy owns the land.

I never heard if SLG is involved with 635.

1 Like

Oop, my apologies, I kept on seeing 625 Madison, and not 635. Lot’s of mix-ups on my parts because of 625, which I’ve been referring to this whole time. I don’t know who owns 635 Madison but believe Ashkenazy only owns/leases the ground floor as the article mentioned.

1 Like

Thanks. I can’t open the article.

1 Like