NEW YORK | Kosciuszko Bridge Replacement

Kaboom

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks for this news. I walked by a couple days ago and was wondering why the old parts were still standing.

6 Likes

Nbcnewyork
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZtOhxzAtdm/

6 Likes

Nice angle to catch that.

Here is another short video

4 Likes

Credit: governorandrewcuomo

This one is cool. From the same source.

9 Likes

next span U/C

r_180805264_beat0067_a by Mitch Waxman, on Flickr

r_180805329_beat0067_a by Mitch Waxman, on Flickr

8 Likes

moving along

r_190128073_beat0008_a by Mitch Waxman, on Flickr

r_190203073_beat0009_a by Mitch Waxman, on Flickr

r_190128104_beat0008_a by Mitch Waxman, on Flickr

8 Likes

Via: New York landing 2019 - YouTube h/t @chris08876

4 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

I do like how this is lit at night.

I also like when the GWB is lit up with white lights.

I think bridges are such a big part of the architectural landscape and I wish good nighttime lighting choices were applied to all of them.

3 Likes

2nd span u/c.

Governor Cuomo Announces Second Span of New Kosciuszko Bridge to Open in September 2019 - Four Years Ahead of Schedule and On Budget by governorandrewcuomo, on Flickr

11 Likes

Second Span Of New Kosciuszko Bridge Officially Opens To Traffic

The second span of the new Kosciuszko Bridgeopened to traffic early this morning.

The completed bridge features five Queens-bound and four Brooklyn-bound lanes, plus a pedestrian and bicycle pathway.

What’s known as the “Under the K” park project also boasts seven acres of usable green space under the bridge.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Looks like that DSLR is working out for you LOL. Great shot B

3 Likes

Thanks. Not used in this shot, but one of the harder challenges today was trying to use a fixed 500 mm lens which needs to be done manually. Quite difficult to see if you’re in focus.

1 Like

Do you not have a Live View option? Zooming in on the Live View should help nail the focus. I assume you were using a tripod…

1 Like

Yes I was using a tripod for some of my shots from Hunter’s point. And yes there is a live view; that’s a great idea. I was so used to using the viewfinder when I worked video/photo production. Old habit.

I couldn’t bring a tripod to One WTC so I had some focus issues. Even with autofocus. I must have had the wrong shutter speed. And maybe should have compensated with ISO.

Edit: I think I figured it out. Just read about phase detection vs contrast detection for autofocus. The latter is used for landscape photography and is usually invoked when using the live view instead of the view finder.

2 Likes