NEW YORK | JFK Airport Renovation/Upgrades

Here are some pictures from the PANYNJ Flickr page with recent progress from late May. T1 is a beast.

T6 is making good progress as well, with glass installation on the headhouse well underway.

23 Likes

A recent photo of the work at T6, I think it was taken yesterday?

16 Likes
4 Likes

Free drop-off at Lefferts Boulevard for automobile-arriving flyers, but anyone using transit at Howard Beach station (which is only about 200 feet away) must pay $9 to use AirTrain.

Nine dollars to ride a distance that is less than the length of a football field makes this the most expensive transit ride in North America.

3 Likes

Looks like more renovations are happening at terminal 4

12 Likes

Some updates from the main terminal developments. Lots of working happening at T1’s departures curb/roadway slab, pictured below. The building certainly has quite a presence from this angle.

The second photo details work on the first spans of the departures bridge linking the curb to the terminal.

Over at T6, the front curtain wall is already done!

21 Likes

A render I spotted of the landside walkway from the T5 skybridge to T6.

13 Likes

Should be free, but better than the ridiculous amount they charge now.

7 Likes

Great news, if only it were permanent.

In other news, Cathay Pacific is moving from T8 to T6 and opening their own 10,000 sq ft lounge, a very interesting move which seems to end future hopes of Oneworld consolidation. Also concerning airline updates, SAS will be staying in T1.

Also the T4 phase 2.5 project seems to have largely come to a close with the opening of the swanky 40,000 sq ft Delta One lounge. It looks like there’s only a bit of work left to be done, including a dedicated Delta One security checkpoint. Beyond that, I’ve recently seen documentation restating that phase 3 will begin next year, with a phase 4 expected in the early 2030s, though I don’t have further details on those scopes yet.

8 Likes

13 Likes

Snazzy T1 welcome plaza render from tmrw.inc:

Work on T6 progresses, with assembly of the 80 foot main oculus skylight coming along and the installation of the clerestory windows reaching completion:

17 Likes

12 Likes

Not sure if these were posted here but the JFK New T1 site has a bunch of renderings on the home page. Some of them were shared here, but I don’t recall seeing the ones I posted here. The terminal is going to be a fantastic asset to this airport.

Artists were also selected for T6 art installations.

15 Likes