NEW YORK | JFK Airport Renovation/Upgrades

Whoa!!

That aerial shot does an excellent job of showing how big T1 is. It’s enormous even with the airside concourses not even being built yet.

5 Likes

Was this picture taken from the control tower? It looks like this would be the view from that direction above T4.

1 Like

Dont ask that question…:rofl:

5 Likes

Wow. It really feels like this is flying along.

Pretty cool to see the Airtrain ride through T1! Mark A. Ahasic on LinkedIn: I took my first JFK AirTrain ride through The New Terminal One at JFK…

3 Likes

First of two “oculus” skylights was installed at T6 today. This one’s in the check-in hall, the second one will be post-security. That one will apparently be twice the size!

21 Likes

According to today’s press release, construction is on schedule.

https://www.panynj.gov/port-authority/en/press-room/press-release-archives/2024-Press-Releases/port-authority-of-new-york-and-new-jersey-and-jfk-millennium-par.html

7 Likes

Wow, love the fly-through animation! Wish we’d get one for Terminal One.

4 Likes

Here’s the animation video.

The press release also has a nice album of photos showing construction progress and a bunch of new renders. It’s moving along at great speed.

Also, apparently by the summer according to the press release, T6 will be topped out which is incredible.

Construction on Schedule with Final Steel Beams Expected for Installation This Summer, First Gates to Open in 2026

11 Likes

Found this from what appears to be a slideshow showing T1 progress. I don’t know how old it is as it is undated and recent images submitted by other commenters here show more of T1 built.

6 Likes

Curtain wall installation is underway at T1. They’re wasting no time!

20 Likes

No doubt about that

Looks like T4’s existing concourses are also going to get renovated.

T1 is huge.

16 Likes

It’s kind of cut off, but when I was at Kennedy last week it looked like all the steel for the T1 frontage was in place.

8 Likes

Some shots from T1 highlighting the departures hall’s west elevator shafts, central atrium and the airside elevation.

15 Likes

Looking fantastic and humming along. How awesome that NY will finally have two state of the art airports (as we should have always had in the financial capital of the world)

2 Likes

Makes me envious especially how long it took for us NJ people to get a decent terminal only for it to start falling apart a year later.

Found some new renderings for T1 concessions from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) New Terminal One - URW Airports

Slightly different post security rendering from what we previously saw

And looks like this is part of the arrivals area

16 Likes

They posted an additional rendering for post security (PORT AUTHORITY, THE NEW TERMINAL ONE AND UNIBAIL-RODAMCO-WESTFIELD AIRPORTS LAUNCH COMMERCIAL PROGRAM FOR A NEW WORLD-CLASS GLOBAL TERMINAL AT JOHN F. KENNEDY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT) :

This rendering is a fuller version of what I posted above:

11 Likes