NEW YORK | JFK Airport Renovation/Upgrades

Every gate can be defeated. This one eliminates the hopping over.

Our turnstyles are the same by the way. If you follow a person who swiped in the turnstyle does not lock until it stops so in theory it just keeps spinning allowing others to go through if they wanted.

Not exactly construction progress-related news but more regarding insuring bonds for the project.

that actually looks like a snapshot from the revit model for the project (the actual design model)

That’s actually Navisworks, the program that allows all the consultants’ BIM models from Revit (and/or other Autodesk programs) to be viewed in a combined format for easy workflow and viewability.

1 Like

Yeah I was gonna say, I think typically Revit’s glass is transparent in the 3d view? I usually don’t see that much MEP stuff in the software, but I’ve only used it for educational/personal purposes rather than professional so it’s hard for me to say.

T6

13 Likes

Forgot to post this last month:

Also, not directly on the airport property, but it’s nice to see that the old vacant hotel will be converted to residential.

2 Likes

These are a bit over a month old but still relevant regarding T6’s retail.

New stuff about T1:

1 Like

Very cool model of T1! Tenguerian Models on Instagram: "First announced in December 2021, the privately funded $9.5 billion New Terminal One project at John F. Kennedy International Airport officially broke ground in September 2022. The 2.4-million-square-foot international terminal will become JFK's largest terminal upon completion. Construction will occur in phases on the sites of the current Terminals 1 and 2 and the former Terminal 3. Gensler's design incorporates a central collection of skylights that provide daylighting and photovoltaics, helping to provide sustainable power and support the project's LEED Silver certification. The terminal's master plan includes a green space with native plantings between the building and departure roads, creating a welcoming landscape. Terminal One will have 23 gates and will provide a world-class experience for visitors and residents of the New York region. The arrivals and departures hall and the first of the new gates are expected to be completed in 2026. Reference: https://archinect.com/news/article/150324173/jfk-s-new-terminal-one-project-officially-breaks-ground Tenguerian Models was fortunate to become an integral part of this landmark project. We built several physical models to showcase the project's unique design and configuration. This helped Gensler, the architect of the project, to make important decisions during their design process. The model also helped to convince the commissioners and support the efforts of the important players to get the project approved. Additionally, the model was also used to display the project's design to the general public. #architecturemodelmaking #architecturemodelmaker #architecturemodels📐✂️ #architecturemodelling #architecturemodeling #architecturemodels #architecturemodel #archilovers #architectural #art #modelmaking #architectures #architect #architecturedesign #architecturelovers #architecturedaily #architecture #JFK #jfkairport #newyork #newyorkcity #newyork_instagram #newyork_ig #Gensler #gensler #AECOM #aecom_design"

3 Likes

Some cosmetic repairs were made to the subway station in Howard Beach, which connects to the AirTrain.

MTA Completes Re-NEW-vation at Howard Beach A Station by Metropolitan Transportation Authority, on Flickr

MTA Completes Re-NEW-vation at Howard Beach A Station by Metropolitan Transportation Authority, on Flickr

5 Likes

JFK Terminal 1 is moving along nicely.

(Source)

7 Likes

Found some videos/youtube shorts of the construction progress of both T1 and T6.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/F8_d7n9lY-U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4wm9tFvguc

2 Likes

Found a bunch of photos showing the T1 progress by seeing what people posted on Google Maps. It’s moving at a quick pace.

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

14 Likes

Great find. I forgot to send the pics I took when I was there last month. T1 looked huge if you were at T1 and standing right next to it. Speaking of which, I heard the Airtrain finally resumed normal loop operations today.

T6 is coming along as well. If you look at it from the T5 Airtrain station it looks quite formidable.

3 Likes

10 Likes

I was out at the airport today and took some pics

13 Likes

T6 is moving along nicely. Great speed for both terminal projects. Hopefully, they’ll be finished on time and on schedule.

This Linkedin page is fantastic for finding regular updates: Sign Up | LinkedIn

Terminal One steel progressing nicely, while Terminal 6 MEP recently began. They’ve also been relocating one of T5’s gates so airside construction for T6 may proceed, just started pouring new apron concrete.

2 Likes

Taking on a formidable presence from T4.

12 Likes

Aerial shot showing some of the concrete supports for the roadways have been cast.

20 Likes