NEW YORK I Wall Street Tower (130 William St) I 800 FT I 61 FLOORS

11 Likes

8 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3b9S0cjKKm/?igshid=5cdueol747i0

6 Likes

While I love this tower it looks very dull from afar. I almost get Tatham Shot tower vibes from the silhouette.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Woah, when was that built?

2 Likes

According to this link it was built in 1857 and was gone by 1907. This page tells a lot about NY’s shot towers.

4 Likes

There’s still one in Union City -

3 Likes

Facade is almost complete.

Today

21 Likes

Awesome pics. Great update.

2 Likes

This was a cool read. Thank you

2 Likes

The curtain wall panels/window frames are unusually high quality materials; heavy, thick masonry, and precision crafted metal window casings. The architectural design and materials are all very well done; the quality of the construction trade craftwork is the only unknown at this point. This is turning out great.

3 Likes

9 Likes

14 Likes

In the renderings the mechanical stuff on the roof is covered by some sort of bronze colored screen. I hope that didn’t get value-engineered out. There’s nothing worse than a beautiful building capped off by some unsightly mechanical elements (see KPF’s 111 Murray and Madison Square Tower).

7 Likes

Preach, brother.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4VTTl2p2-B/?igshid=1gzsunfye6usu

8 Likes

Credit: Michael Young

10 Likes

Every time I walk past this one, I see people on the sidewalk stopped, staring up at it. I’ve never seen a random residential building get so much obvious attention from the public.

Anyway, they’ve been hard at work on the courtyard walls recently. The north one is finally starting to be revealed.

11 Likes

Yes, this facade looks quite different than what most photos reveal: looking at it from the sidewalk and seeing it firsthand it is a real stand-out. There is a ‘lava-like’ surface texture that goes very deep into the cracks and crevices; combined with the unusually dark color and deep arched windows - the facade is stunning. I like to see examples of modern architecture that can be visually intricate and decorative; without resorting to ‘historical recreations’ which simply copy classical motifs added as decorative elements. This is refreshing and original - and totally modern.

11 Likes