NEW YORK I Wall Street Tower (130 William St) I 800 FT I 61 FLOORS

10 Likes

That is a good photo to see where this is going in terms of the final affect of architectural design: and this building is beautiful. The ridges that are formed at the corners as each floor stacks above is an added visual affect: in addition to the richly textured facade, and arched window. This is a fantastic looking residential condo building. I compare this to another new condo tower, Madison House, to highlight how color/texture/masonry/curves can beautify the building’s facade - while still looking like ‘modern architecture’. While Madison House is nice: this is spectacular.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Façade going in on the Fulton St side of the podium now:

12 Likes

This is a substantial facade, look how thick that stone panel is, as well as the concrete structural framing on which it is hung. The prefabricated window frame/mullions and glass are equally heavy gauge materials: this building has so much more MASS than the overall physical SIZE of the structure reveals - noted for those who remember physics 101. This is so much better than standard curtain wall construction where they simply hang a glazed metal panel on the face of the concrete superstructure; this is ‘massive’. In terms of aesthetics and construction technology: this building excels.

7 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2USRian8rX/?igshid=cpdqlsnz09z2

10 Likes

I’m most excited for how it looks at night when occupied, those huge windows should make for a cool lighting effect. I’m still of the opinion that the facade either looks great or blah depending on the distance and lighting conditions. Still super impressed by the vision with this building, something different in a good way!

4 Likes

12 Likes

I hope that this crappy low rise next door comes down. It’s so filthy and disgusting.

8 Likes

@robertwalpole i hope one day you make a thread using google streetview to showcase your top 10 eyesores that need to come down (i’m sure you have a LONG list), i love your commentary because I know how much they disgust you and i find it hilarious but yeah this one is pretty bad

6 Likes

I like your thinking, dude!

5 Likes

Robert has the best descriptions for ugly buildings haha

5 Likes

15 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2t5EmngSz8/?igshid=1lw4bwunysckw

11 Likes

27 Likes

This photo made me shout out “holy shit!”.

All of those peaks in perfect harmony!!! :beers:

4 Likes

20 Likes

15 Likes

11 Likes

2spooky4me

Perfect for October.

3 Likes