NEW YORK | Greenpoint Landing | (11 Towers) | 30-40 FLOORS

Main entrance

outdoor Terrace space for residents

from New York Yimby

8 Likes

They are at ground level for the latest tower on Newtown canal. Anyone know what the actual address is for this one? It’s this site here:

The 2 current towers are looking good.

16 Likes

The OMA site.

15 Likes

OMA site

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9S8KAWHo3r/?igshid=l6xkcgkyznvz

13 Likes

weird update on YIMBY today. This is already under construction. Construction reached the first floor before being suspended due to the pandemic.

7 Likes

I still don’t understand this fetish for waterfront housing. It seems logical to me to build closer to the G line. You would get the same views.

4 Likes

that’s where the buildable land is. Empty lots and warehouses litter the Brooklyn waterfront.

10 Likes

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/features/future-nyc/new-renderings-745-unit-phase-greenpoint-planning-designed-oma/29001

7 Likes

Earlier today

13 Likes

Earlier today

17 Likes

Earlier today

June 23, 2020

19 Likes

“After months of quarantine, we view Riverside Market’s upcoming arrival as a symbol of New York City’s endurance and continued appeal,” said Marian Klein , president of Park Tower Group, in prepared remarks.

4 Likes
9 Likes

It’s not even about whether the lots are buildable. It’s about where zoning allows development.

1 Like

How are these plain ass towers doing a better job at hiding the mechanicals than some of the well designed towers in NYC???

4 Likes

quick and dirty night shots here, but one floor up.

14 Likes

of course, but zoning has everything to do what is buildable where. :slightly_smiling_face: In this case, the waterfront sites where there are empty lots and warehouses were deemed a good spot for new construction luxury housing with the caveat of new affordable buildings. Also the additional caveat of architecture relevant to the neighborhood. In addition, the waterfront will remain publicly accessible with improvements, so its a win-win for the city.

5 Likes

Until the lots are under water.

5 Likes

if the city doesn’t fund surge protection maybe. I find it unlikely they won’t.

3 Likes

The politicians have there head in the sand on this issue, not just in NYC but all over the world. I am afraid they will wake up when it is too late. Sad.

2 Likes