NEW YORK | Gowanus Canal Rezoning

This will be back “when pigs fly”, unless we think they’re going to take over retail space here. Either way, it will probably be sans je nais sais quoi

2 Likes

From July 5

20 Likes

Haha. Firm agree. Who knows, maybe something like an early termination of a lease got them a sweetheart deal on a future lease in to be constructed retail space, but that would almost certainly be “sans je ne se quoi”

1 Like

Incredible shots!

From 420 Carroll new leasing website https://420bk.com/

10 Likes

Thanks!! Had to get some shots for our sacred forum :wink:

5 Likes
8 Likes

Source: Construction Update: The Brook at 589 Fulton Street — FIELD CONDITION

16 Likes

New rendering for 450 Union

13 Likes

Glad to seek SO-IL get a crack at this area. It will be nice to see something go up that’s not quite so generic and bland (as most of the other new builds are IMO).

8 Likes

New images from 420 Carroll’s waterfront park

Source

17 Likes

This firm consistently does exceptionally good work. I too am glad they are “getting a crack” at doing this project.

My hope is they can achieve an outcome that is BOTH artful and profitable: high design is exceedingly more costly to construct than generic/bland.

I truly hope capital A architecture results in capital P profitability. :wink:

Did they open a section?

I’m guessing just a small private press tour.

You are probably right - didn’t check the source before

1 Like

16 Likes

300 Nevins from 420 Carroll

12 Likes

Re: the choice of brick: The first one is too soviet for my taste. I find #3 to be sterile and #4 institutional (penal even). I hope they went w/option #2.

1 Like

Hard to tell in the photos but the grout is actually sometimes green and sometimes red.
Which is mostly nice.

2 Likes

1 - Better than the renderings - and the brick work looks good quality

2 - The base looks great - they got the neo-industrial look right - will play nice with the next door development

3 - They are finishing the base and the grounds - the light fixtures look great

17 Likes