NEW YORK | Domino Sugar Redevelopment | (4 Towers) | 565-170 FT

Looks like it belongs in Greenpoint Landing

7 Likes

I’ve done a little exploration around the Williamsburg area and I can attest myself I would love to live in this area, if it weren’t for the $5,000/studio rent. It’s always good vibes here.

Here’s some Domino development progress. I have no idea Wtf they’re doing with this building.

8 Likes

The Williamsburg waterfront area has become very nice in recent years with all the construction going on.

The old sugar refinery building is being converted to office and ground floor retail use. The original exterior structure was preserved and new construction is going on inside the walls. The large truss structures you see on the outside are supporting the exterior walls while the inside structure is being built out.

Render courtesy of Two Trees

6 Likes

Fine preservation work here :fire:

3 Likes

Indeed, considering the structure was landmarked in 2007, it’s a great example of adaptive reuse.

It would be absolutely awesome if the ‘Domino Sugar’ sign lights up at night on the factory much like the Pepsi sign down in LIC.

4 Likes

Renders of the older iteration of the project show the sign lit up at night, so I’d imagine that that aspect hasn’t changed, hopefully.

3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Time to call Donkey Kong, the barrel is going up on the old sugar factory. Taken today from the Williamsburg Bridge—not the best unobstructed view :frowning:

17 Likes

17 Likes

Much better pics from the ferry. Great views.

2 Likes

Speeding over the Williamsburg Bridge on 9/3

16 Likes

Great shots!

1 Like

Site D was presented to the Planning Commission today. The skybridge is confirmed gone and the tops of the towers have a setback so they’re not just monolithic rectangles. Heights are the same.

4 Likes

Disappointing but not surprising.

Is this available publicly online? Would love to see/hear anything more on this parcel

9 Likes

Oh I see, the roof was modified to allow the rooftop mechanicals to be exposed. Another cost cutting measure?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I live around the area so have been itching to see any new information regarding Site D

1 Like