NEW YORK CITY - Olympic Games

This was just an idea I was having. People were talking about that old bloomberg stadium proposal and it reminded me of this.

West-Side-Stadium
images%2Fslides%2F01_West_Side_Stadium

^ This was from 2021.

So what do you guys think about a proposal for the Olympics in NYC? When would it happen? Where would stuff be? What improvements would have to be made? What projects would a goal like this push forward?

1 Like

NYC’s transit infrastructure would be first and foremost one of the most crucial things to be brought up to speed if the city were to host the Olympics. The Airports are being renovated now as well so at least visitors wouldn’t be coming in to absolute piles of crap as they were in the past.

1 Like

Yup. LaGuardia is basically done, in the home stretch now. JFK should start next year. Dunno about Newark.

ESA, or Grand Central Madison, will be complete by december.
Second Ave subway is glacial in pace, but should be fully complete by 2036 (assuming this is when they would be held).
Gateway should be done by then. Also while not necessarily NYC central, Amtraks 2035 plan should be done by then with Avelia Liberty’s on track for next year.
Metro North should be connected to Penn by then. And Penn should be done or close to done with the reno.

Plus all of the subway improvements that come from new towers, such as 175 Park.

Hopefully a lot more improvements, and expansions are announced and done by then. (Maybe even a GC and Penn connection?)

2 Likes

Newark is allegedly supposed to finish up ‘by fall’ or something. There’s no definite finish date given it’s been pushed at least once (was supposed to be spring but that never happened.)

1 Like

I’ll be honest. I’d personally rather have a stadium built where phase 2 of Hudson Yards is planned. As I’ve stated before, I think the first phase should stay as it is with no buildings blocking them from the west

2 Likes

I’ll have to disagree. But you know what would be cool is if they went with a stadium, they kinda merged several skyscrapers on the outside of it. Tallest stadium in the world? Sounds like NYC

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to see a skyscraper bridge like you see in old drawings in the early 1900’s. I made a modern concept of that a few years ago

2 Likes

So basically Austin J. Tobin plaza but converted into a stadium? You may have given me an idea to consider here.