NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (217 W 57th St) | 1,550 FT | 98 FLOORS

For years One Worldwide Plaza dominated the view of upper Midtown from across the Hudson, amazing how it looks so insignificant now.

2 Likes

The presence of this tower from anywhere in the city is amazing but especially walking down Broadway towards Columbus Circle

13 Likes

Taken this weekend by me.

17 Likes

It’s crazy how much skyline presence this thing has vs the rest of 57th.

And it does that while missing the original spire piece. (Which would have made it far and away the most standout piece on 57th, even more than it currently is.)

2 Likes

Delete.

Holy shit I miss New York :fearful:

6 Likes

Has this been posted here before?

My god that’s amazing, just imagine that view off the completed terrace at night. Lucky bastard.

2 Likes

Random but I have this as my background. And even beyond the spire (that I still want) I noticed that the exterior seems to be different from the final design that was chosen. Like those cross bracings there.
Am I just seeing things?

3 Likes

That cross bracing is just an illusion from the two perpendicular glass facades reflecting each other in a corner. What looks like crosses is just the horizontal dark stripes around each floorplate.

6 Likes
3 Likes

9 Likes

The views are ridiculous! I would love to live in the floor with the balcony, though that sticker price is a bit out of my price range, lol even the taxes on that unit are out of my range.

Wonder when the next biggest resi will get built? Maybe that UWS site, with the potential for 2 towers at 1,200 ft and 1,600 ft. Or, and hear me out, a single tower at 2,000 ft +

4 Likes
4 Likes

Most coveted bartending gig in the world?

3 Likes

That would be awesome…

11 Likes
6 Likes

On the 100th floor of a 90-story building.
“Come on, honey. Let’s go eat in the clouds.”

6 Likes

The blue glass glosses from the slowly setting sun, as seen from Frederick Douglas Blvd, Harlem.

12 Likes
3 Likes