NEW YORK | 570 Fifth Avenue | ? FT | ? FLOORS

This part of Fifth is so disgusting and sorely needs a catalyst to turn it around.

This is an example of filthy garbage that must go.

Also, NY should abandon its absurd hubris and emulate what other cities do right. Chicago crushes it in terms of streetscape.

3 Likes

I have no doubt Gary will deliver on these two Midtown sites. All his projects are, at minimum, above-average quality.

And Chicago’s streetscape is pretty terrible relative to NY. Parking podiums and curb cuts galore. Many buildings are half parking. Relatively little vitality except on Michigan Ave.

4 Likes

looks like these 2 will be gone soon

8 Likes

dumpster bound i guess

5 Likes

That sucks Dick Cheney.

4 Likes

Hopefully what rises here is worth all the demolition.

3 Likes
1 Like

offices? Interesting. Maybe a sequel to the Gem Tower.

1 Like

So how tall will this tower be??
and when are they going to start construction??

1 Like

It has less SQ footage and a larger plot of land than the International Diamond tower on the same block which is 500 ft tall and has 800,000sq ft. Extell has just over 600,000 sq ft currently but could probably apply for more somehow.

2 Likes

netting up

6 Likes

no noticeable changes on the 5th ave side, scaffolding going up on the 47th street side

4 Likes

This part of Fifth is so shleppy. I hope that the G Man doesn’t deliver a far, glass box.

Anyone been by here recently? Curious to see if any progress has been made on demo!

The buildings on 47th are still standing as are the last two on Fifth which are part of this site.

3 Likes

Several trucks and some workers on the site. Hard to tell what for though. Maybe more interior demolition.

12 Likes

I hope that the G Man delivers.

2 Likes

Exterior demo has officially started on this building.

5 Likes

I hope something decent will come out, as countless buildings have already been demolished. do you know the maximum height that this project can have?

2 Likes

I’d be shocked if Extell doesn’t acquire this. It’s a beautiful old building, so it will be a shame to see it go. I really hope that Extell builds something amazing here.

4 Likes