NEW YORK | 53W53 (Tower Verre) | 1,050 FT | 73 FLOORS

If, as it appears, this is the facade, this will not be quite the landmark I expected. I hope they paint it at least.

1 Like

Agreed. It could be quite different with a dirty concrete face

there actually is some cladding up, the concrete is indeed being clad rather than being left bare. :smiley:
ILNY posted some pictures on SSC, i’m sure they’ll be posted here as well.

1 Like

ILNY posted these!!

First glass is up !

9 Likes

That’s early as f**k! Awesome!!

That looks like it might be on-site materials (cladding and window system) testing.

Wow!!!

Hell yea and wow is right!!

Did they just cover part of the diagrid with glass?? I wonder if that’s how they’ll will be doing it?

I walked by this morning. The materials that covers the beams is either metal or stone, and it protrudes several inches from the glass. It is utterly stunning.

4 Likes

That’s a start! Finally! :smile:

21st Century John Hancock.Center.

5 Likes

I walked by today and I saw the new layering ontop of the concrete, it looks stunning if thats what its gonna be totally covered in it, its going up quite fast!

6 Likes

Great update, Park Ave.

okay so whats the deal with these two plots on 57th street, I have no clue whats going on here, anyone know?
Both of these plots are huge.

by the way, if anyone wants me to go check out a site and take pics let me know, I treck around the city daily.

5 Likes

I think that the first one (29-31 W 57th) will lie fallow for a few years.

I think the same will occur with the one across the street. However, I think that the adjacent, white brick building will be razed. The same group that owns the empty lot owns the white building, and that building is a market rate rental. Further, the owners also owned the lot where 15 CPW rose.

wait which white brick building, in the green plot or the black and white plot

1 Like

The one in the second photo. It’s a market rate rental.

thats a rather large corner building with a restaurant at the base, or do you mean the smaller one on the other side thats like 5 floors high.

I’m referring to the big one. Check out this thread, Park Ave:

ah thanks! I had no clue at all what the deal was with that lot, and why will 29-31 lie vacant?