NEW YORK | 495 11th Avenue | 680 FT + 653 FT | 57 + 56 FLOORS

This looks surprisingly nice.

1 Like

Can you post the picture here Robert? I don’t have access to the WSJ. :slight_smile:

Hi, Street.

The WSJ site won’t let me save the photo.

I’ts pretty nice for affordable housing on a City-owned lot.

Screen shot or snipping tool?

1 Like

6 Likes
1 Like

8 Likes

Nice!

8 Likes

My friend who works for the city showed me the current design theyre putting through the ranks of approval, and it looks hideous!

1 Like

This is so bad that we almost have to laugh. What exactly is this thing???

I know Halloween is coming, but I didn’t know it extended to architecture too! :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Gene Kaufman approved …

4 Likes

This is akin and worthy of winning the Nobel Peace Prize from Kaufman. Worthy of the Gene Kaufman and Sam Chang International Hall of Fame of Bad Architecture located at 123 Broken Dreams Lane located on the Upper East Side of a Dumpster.

2 Likes

That is, no exaggeration, the ugliest building I have ever seen

2 Likes

The poor have no “right” to live in Manhattan.

I’d like to live in Palm Beach, but I accept that I can’t afford it.

1 Like

In the timeless words of Adam Sandler in Billy Madison “GOOO!!!”“”

2 Likes

Trust me I know, I got a chance to see a 3d rendering from another connect in the city and let me tell you ITS SOMEHOW WORST

1 Like

Not the worst design in the city and more along with what I expected from a super passivehaus tower.

2 Likes

100% affordable buildings should be illegal
not only does it lead to gene kaufman on steroids crappola but it has always contributed to segregation in American cities

3 Likes

I think whats mostly upsetting about this building is its prominent location, its right in front of the Javits Center facing new jersey, this will be highly visible from every waterfront city in Jersey and will stand prominently without much obstruction. Its not like other Gene Kauffman buildings that are deeper into the city mostly on 6th or 7th ave shielded by other taller buildings around it.

2 Likes