NEW YORK | 29th St & 5th Ave | FT | 43 FLOORS

Two sources familiar with the matter said the layoffs and furloughs mainly affected people working in the construction side of the business and also those at the company’s main office at 600 Madison Avenue.

The developer has been under pressure as it deals with a slew of lawsuits from lenders and subcontractors over delinquent loans and unpaid bills tied to several of the firm’s Manhattan condos.

5 Likes

I was just about to post that!

I pray that HFZ loses this site and something better is built there. This site warrants a supertall residential with a very expensive hotel!

4 Likes

I’d rather no supertall built at this site. Something Stern-designed would be ideal.

5 Likes

I would prefer the old building was still there.

8 Likes

I’m hoping the ESB keeps its breathing room.

6 Likes

Woe to the Empire State Building.

5 Likes

Very rough sketch of the damage this building would have to the historic skyline. Such a disgrace!

1 Like

They reduced Tower Verre’s height by a whopping 200 feet citing its proximity to the Empire State Building. And this is approved two blocks south at a monstrous height?

2 Likes

I don’t mind the massing. It makes ESB the main part of a cluster.

2 Likes

I don’t mind tall buildings near the ESB but they should look good. This design is hideous. Bjarke is a hack.

3 Likes

In light of HFZ’s troubles, what are the odds that it will retain control of this site? Presumably, they don’t have a construction loan and won’t get one for a speculative tower.

1 Like

I pray that HFZ loses this property and that this catastrophe is averted.

3 Likes

Site from above. The magic eye!

Credit: The Dronalist

7 Likes
4 Likes

A Christmas miracle may be forthcoming!

16 Likes

Thank god!!!

4 Likes

02/15/21 12:26 PM

9 Likes

Is there any follow-up news to this article?

1 Like

Pics by me. Taken today.

There were very busy today. Site is in full swing.

29th & 5th - 03-20-2021 - 3 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

29th & 5th - 03-20-2021 - 1 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

7 Likes

Bad news. Still active, but only a few workers on site and one excavator going. They seem to be half-assing this one.

3 Likes