NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

CTBUH now has this listed at 1,341 ft and 57 floors. Updated on their development lists. But just for sake of positive news, even if at that height, it would be the 7th tallest in the city as Tower Fifth is happening. :slight_smile:

Still positive, but we shall see what happens. A lot can happen in a short amount of period. Possibly we could be surprised come beginning of Q4.

We shall see about 350 Park Avenue @ 1,450 ft of that comes to fruition.

Unless permits otherwise change, I’ll change title to reflect it.

9 Likes

Still a good height. The plateau for development seems to be at around 1300’ now. Years back it was like 1000’. Excelsior.

8 Likes

Shit, years ago NYC wasn’t building anything that tall! The Middle East and Asia were killing it! then NY exploded! It’s definitely flexing it’s skyscraper muscle again!

5 Likes

and were still #1 in tallest voluntarily demolished buildings!

any city can build tall buildings but only successful ones can take down tall buildings to replace them with something even bigger

8 Likes

13 Likes

I noticed yesterday that they are erecting a shed around 383 Madison across the street.

10 Likes

I really hope that Foster doesn’t pull a 50 HY 2.0.

A 1,350’ fat box with a flat top will be a disaster.

3 Likes

I’ve lost faith in him. Same as with BIG.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B01TMgjh-CY/?igshid=5csp343m5ifx

11 Likes

I’ve lost faith in every starchitect.

1 Like

It seems that we all have very low expectations for this tower.

I expect a 1,350 version of 50 HY with a flat top.

1 Like

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind taking out the windows in that way ? Is it for interior/exterior access? If so, then why block them from inside?

1 Like

I’m ok with a box if it has this many setbacks (like the image below) and a nice facade. Since this will be so prominent in the skyline, I hope that the design is decent.

I assume that the images on the DOB website will be available soon.

8 Likes

13 Likes

10 Likes

I really hope that Norm doesn’t disappoint us with a dud.

I also help that it acquires and redevelops this horrendous, adjacent block on Madison.

8 Likes

The top floors are gutted. The shroud of death has descended further.

22 Likes

It really does look like a burial shroud. Before, it looked like an execution victim’s hood.

3 Likes

Crane going up this weekend. Some dumb security guard tried to tell me I couldn’t take pictures here.

Tectonic

18 Likes

Which building were they associated with? If you were on a public sidewalk, they can eat dick.
I think the standard in NYC is that the property line covers half of the sidewalk, but outside that they can’t tell you squat. Did you say anything? When some guard at 277 a few years ago told me not to take pics, I just smiled and walked away. I had the pic I wanted, and once I left the property, he couldn’t say a thing.

2 Likes