NEW YORK | 262 Fifth Ave | 860 FT | 60 FLOORS

The building taken as of yesterday

18 Likes

Today

21 Likes

Seeing this one rise so quickly is a real joy to see here on the YIMBY forums.

This tower has a height-to-width proportion of nearly 20 to 1; making this one not only the prettiest, but skinniest in town. If this was a fashion, or beauty contest - that is a winning combo of attributes. :star_struck:

I know some of the other tall skinny towers (like 432 Park) have reported problems with swaying in high winds; and that building is relatively ‘fatter’.

My guess this one will stand firm even in the highest wind conditions; it just seems that way - I hope I am right.

This one has become something of an architectural celebrity of sort: judging solely on the amount of press coverage If have seen here on YIMBY and other internet sources.

I have a real infatuation with this one; probably because of the clever & innovative Architectural concept for the a floor plans, and the quirky design aesthetic.

61963_160x120

2 Likes

we dont know if it still even looks like that.

7 Likes

Your opinion but as much as I liked this skinny tower, I think towers like 111 West or even 432 Park are more prettier than this one :+1:

3 Likes

the real deal, or just ‘ice milk’?

15 Likes

If you look closely, the sign says it all - it is “F U N - T I M E”.

Look at the size of those tall/wide openings for the windows. The south facing windows will get direct sun all day: the solar heat gain in those apartments will be equally massive.

The north side will not get direct sun exposure and make for some lovely unobstructed ‘all day’ views looking uptown to the north: but, those south facing windows will be needing some sun protection.

Everything about this building design is brilliant: big shout out to the Architectural Designers - it is “fun time”. :star_struck:

1 Like

14 Likes

DSCF5600-HDR by Maxime D., on Flickr

11 Likes

17 Likes

Excellent viewpoint to show ESB will not be totally lost.

4 Likes

If it’s that thin I can live with it.

3 Likes

From down Fifth Avenue. From this past Monday

13 Likes

The crane is now visible from Edge, only a few more floors before the actual building is visible behind The Beatrice. I’ll post the pic from my actual camera later on in the week.

12 Likes

also visible on the Weehawken Earthcam. Probably has been for awhile, just more noticeable with the crane jump.

15 Likes

Yesterday

12 Likes

17 Likes

I’d say this one is around half of its height.

4 Likes

Going up pretty fast -

4 Likes

Still kind of difficult to tell, but I still believe it’s around half/slightly more of its final height.

13 Likes