NEW YORK | 262 Fifth Ave | 860 FT | 60 FLOORS

This design won’t impact the ESB that much because it is so skinny. If it was fat and bulky, then I would say that yes, it would affect the ESB but as it is currently designed, it will have very little negative effects.

3 Likes

lol maybe it’ll teach Hollywood and other photographers that there are other spots in NYC you can get good views of the ESB.

6 Likes

Wow, gonna be stretching my neck even further now once all these are complete. Truly transformative construction occurring now. Never bet against NYC.

3 Likes

Now, seriously, what is the deal with this tower? Is it approved, in-process, what is going on? I couldn’t figure out through the battle between it being an eyesore and not. (lol)

1 Like

My guess is they will put in the foundation in order to keep the tax abatement.

3 Likes

5 Likes
6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWHNNtElQME/

5 Likes

The Empire State Building should be/ should’ve been given the treatment London gives St Paul’s Cathedral lol.

This building and others like it will forever ruin the view of the ESB from the south.

I feel that way about 432 Park being behind the ESB as well.

When viewing from the south, you either have this thing in front of it or that other abomination behind it.

3 Likes

No they’re not

No they’re not what?
Also, that’s never happening mate. Get over it.

1 Like

12 Likes

Was walking down 5th today… sigh.

8 Likes

I hope that the Fifth Avenue facade looks good.

4 Likes

I think this is where it would be.?

3 Likes

I like the height, but the blank wall belongs in Moscow.

3 Likes

Nothing like a giant tool chest / laundromat washer in the sky.

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

This would never happen in Moscow if an American developer wanted to put up a POS like this and block a view of the Kremlin. It reminds me of when that Russian oligarch anchored his enormous super yacht exactly at the point where it blocked the view of Lady Liberty from the tip of Manhattan, except this will be permanent.

11 Likes