NEW YORK | 2551 Broadway | Ft | Fl

5 Likes

I wonder if this will go the way of Sutton Place in terms of size and height. The location is promising, and I believe it has a similar dev. rights as Sutton Place.

1 Like

I don’t think it will be too tall.

1 Like
2 Likes

That Gristedes is closed down and boarded up

7 Likes

Extell and UWS are a bad mix. Hopefully they’ll go for something that’ll suit the character of the neighborhood.

2 Likes

I hope so too. Extell did a nice job at the Kent at 200 east 95th. That one looks great and fits well into that neghborhood for look and size.

1 Like

Extell proposes UWS mixed-use tower after completing assemblage
The Gary Barnett-led firm filed plans for the 22-story development at 2551 Broadway

Gary Barnett’s Extell Development has filed plans to build a 22-story mixed-use tower on the Upper West Side.

The firm is proposing a 276,578-square-foot building at 2551 Broadway, and will include 130 residential units, according to property filings.

Extell completed its assemblage of the site in 2017, when it closed on the $80 million acquisition of 262 West 96th Street. The property previously housed a Gristedes supermarket and came with 151,000 buildable square feet with inclusionary air rights.

In addition, Extell had to acquire air rights along West 96th Street, including one parcel it was negotiating at $300 a square foot, according to a previous report.

The Upper West Side project is among several Extell assemblages across the city. The development firm is working on a deal to put together a Columbus Circle site, and went into contract for $90 million at 1855 Broadway late last year.

4 Likes

I found a rendering here: Newmark | Property for Lease

7 Likes

Nice.

2 Likes

I just hope that Gary gets his hands on the McDonald’s building…

2 Likes

That looks promising. Looks like a Juul-Hansen building. We’ll see if that’s what gets built.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Today.

8 Likes

JC, can you get a close-up of the rendering if you go back?

Based on the ground floor renderings we’ve seen, it looks like this will be a gorgeous building. I’m curious to see the upper floors though.

1 Like

Just used zoom on that shot. Looks like our standard DOB acceptable Rendering (very little detail lol).

As long as its a rectangle, no color, just a rectangle… its acceptable for NY DOB.

5 Likes

This building is going to be gorgeous! What a MASSIVE improvement over what was there. Gary Barnett has single-handedly improved NYC a lot.

I’m also pleased that he preserved the beautiful, old building to the west.

gristedes

3 Likes

From what I gather from the YIMBY article today that beautiful old building to the west is coming down for another project. Unfortunate.

1 Like

That’s right. I remember that other project now.

2 Likes

Today

There are still no decent renderings on site. Just the massing.

7 Likes