NEW YORK | 255 West 34th Street | 397 FT | 33 FLOORS

That is for another unrelated smaller structure right next to the hotel

1 Like

Thanks. I wasnt sure if this was for the hotel or the other commercial site. Is there another thread for that one?

1 Like

No problem. There are three separate sites on that one corner, so it’s confusing. I made a post about it in August in the low-rise thread: NEW YORK | LOW-RISE / GENERAL Development News + Construction - #149 by streetscaper

2 Likes

is this the smaller building, or the hotel?

201901143 New York City Midtown by taigatrommelchen, on Flickr

6 Likes

it’s the smaller building, which has topped out now!

2 Likes

Is Vornado’s POS on 34th and 8th completely gone? If so, hallelujah!

2 Likes

9 Likes

It’s non-descript but the glazing is very high-quality

Taken on different days in the past few days:

7 Likes

What a huge improvement!

2 Likes

This project always confuses me. Is this the smaller building thats topped out or is it this…

3 Likes

The pictures I posted were of the smaller building directly to the west of the taller hotel in your photo (which I believe is 255 W 34th, not completely sure).

There are 3 separate sites simultaneously being developed here (including the corner lot to the west of the small building in my photos), so it is confusing.

5 Likes

Not sure where to post this but they are now excavating for the high rise hotel now that the 6-floor building next door is pretty much complete

8 Likes

Now that the building next door is done, activity has resumed on this hotel, excavation is on going:

7 Likes

Above street level now:

9 Likes

I always enjoyed looking at the back side of those loft buildings on 35th. :cry:

3 Likes

I notice lots of tourists (when we had them) stop and stare at the backs of those precise buildings too, some even take pic!

2 Likes

Vornado owns the Famiglia building. Hopefully, they’re trying to acquire the “meth clinic” McD’s too.

3 Likes

How many here remember McDonald’s ‘townhouse’ restaurants?

1 Like

What were they?

1 Like

A little internet doodling revealed this -
In the 1970s, McDonald’s introduced the “Townhouse” concept. The first McDonald’s “Townhouse” opened in New York City on Manhattan’s Upper West Side in 1972. The “Townhouse” title designated that the restaurant was not a drive-in. The concept for the up-scale, non-drive thru restaurants was developed by McDonald’s to cater to mostly urban areas.

I remember a couple in the Loop. Water tower Place opened 1976 and had a large McDonald’s in the mall but it was not ‘townhouse’. I think townhouse meant you had to be able to enter directly from the sidewalk.https://www.flickr.com/photos/65359853@N00/49787089223/

3 Likes