NEW YORK | 24-12 42nd Rd | 84 FT | 8 FLOORS

Continuing the discussion from NEW YORK | LIC Queens Rezoning - Queens Plaza Subdistrict:

Revealed: 24-12 42nd Road

BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON MAY 22ND 2014 AT 7:00 AM

24-12 42nd Road, image by Ampiera/My-Architecture

Permits are up for a new mixed-use development at 24-12 42nd Road, in Long Island City’s Court Square neighborhood. The site’s developer is The Ampiera Group, and the architect of record is My-Architecture.

The DOB filings indicate that 24-12 42nd Road will have 4,328 square feet of commercial space on the building’s ground floor, with 29,403 square feet of residential above; the building will be split between 36 units, and the project will stand eight stories and 84 feet tall.

Ampiera’s website has images of a ‘future project’ that fit the filings for 24-12 42nd Road, and while the renderings are not completely encompassing, they reveal a structure that is more appealing than most new development in Court Square. Small balconies protrude from the facade, and the exterior seems to be set back from the street-wall, but relatively detailed metalwork along the exterior is a pleasant respite from more monotonous projects in the vicinity.

The location of 24-12 42nd Street is currently marginal, and the vicinity is dominated by warehouses and vacant lots, though Ampiera’s site is currently occupied by a two-story home that will soon be demolished. While new development is booming in Long Island City, the neighborhood is still developing block by block; slowly but surely it is evolving into an urbane locale, and even with imperfections, 24-12 is a step in the right direction.

24-12 42nd Road, image via Google Maps

No completion date for 24-12 42nd Street has been announced, but evidently plans should be proceeding shortly.

Demolition begins at 24-12 42nd Road

Posted on July 23, 2014 by CtSqLIC

Construction crews erected a fence at 24-12 42nd Road

The gray/green building at 24-12 42nd Road isn’t long for this world

6/17

Rendering on site looks different than the previous renderings above.

2 Likes

From last week.

1 Like

11/22

3 Likes

Still covered for facade work.

12/30

2 Likes
1 Like

Turned out pretty good

3 Likes

yesterday