NEW YORK | 220 Central Park S | 952 FT | 70 FLOORS

14 Likes

Taken today:

11 Likes

Villa scaffolding coming down this morning- might have a full view of the entrance by this afternoon!

10 Likes

What’s the rush? It looks like some of the joints still need mortar.

1 Like

Is it me or are the final touches to this tower dragging? This topped out in May of last year and they haven’t even removed the construction hoist. I get that “topping out” is still far from done but i mean we’re getting close to a year and a half since that point.

2 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

I like the design of this building even though the place is obviously meant to provide yet another Manhattan real estate vehicle for the ultra-wealthy here and abroad to plug their money into. The little porte-cochère is a nice, silly little touch RAMSA has used before and I hope it helps shield residents from photographers’ lenses. Let the droves of ultra-wealthy Chinese, Saudis, Russians, etc. have at it and storm through the lobby like a mob of angry refugees on the way to their new apartments.

But Central Park South is not what I would call a residential neighborhood by any means. That kind of residential building and neighborhood can be found, as one example, in the many beaux-arts and art deco buildings along Central Park West, many of which have storied histories and to me at least seem far more “real” than a building like this.

Central%20Park%20Tower222

5 Likes

They’re really taking their sweet time with this…

2 Likes

We’re up to 20 months since this topped out structurally. I know every building is different but what’s the hold up here? I mean they haven’t even begun disassembling the construction hoist yet

4 Likes

still busy, street level on 58th is almost done though

10 Likes

That Vornado might clear $1 billion in profits on this building is very impressive.

3 Likes

Since they did so well with this building, I hope that they go lavish at the 31 W 57th Street site too.

3 Likes

I FORGOT about 31… Add it to the list of wave 2

3 Likes

15 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-23/citadel-s-ken-griffin-buys-nyc-penthouse-costliest-u-s-home

Just days after buying one of the most expensive residential properties in London, Ken Griffin set a record in the U.S.
The Citadel founder closed on the $238 million penthouse at 220 Central Park South, so he’ll have a place to stay when he’s working in New York, a Citadel spokeswoman said. The purchase price makes it America’s most-expensive home.

9 Likes

Game, set, match for Stern and his limestone towers. That’s a hell of a scalp.

3 Likes

Goes to show that classically-styled buildings bring in the big bucks! Time for more developers to get on board!

4 Likes

Its time to bring the classy office towers back.

4 Likes

curious, do we have the floor plans?

1 Like

Well, I checked the website. Vornado has done so well with this building, you have to register as a prospective buyer in order to get to see the floor plans. I did not spend a lot of time looking at this, maybe someone else knows better.

2 Likes