NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

We need someone from YIMBY to go and ask him directly.

6 Likes

Fireside chat with Sliverstein Properties. Oof.

5 Likes

Video from B1M related to 2WTC.

13 Likes

You’re not gonna come over here from SkyscraperCity and do the same thing by spamming photos of the old design, not crediting them, and partially misinforming people by not using dates of old articles.

(user this comment was directed at was removed), not towards The_Dutchman lol

7 Likes

Those were deleted. Oh boy… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

For a second I thought what did I do wrong (i posted that video at Skyscrapercity as well) :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

No worries. It wasn’t you lol.

Someone else was posting and spamming things from years ago. Things known 15 years ago.

6 Likes

Yeah, and that same person got banned from Skyscrapercity a few days ago

4 Likes

Every morning I have like 10 action items in the mod inbox, so the work is increasing or at least within the two months! :frowning:

But hey… at least we can provide you guys and gals a clean site with info.

99% of the members here are great… its that 1 percent that requires the work.

13 Likes

appreciate what you mods do— Most of the time the freak posts are cleaned up pretty fast. I’ve seen big subreddits do worse

2 Likes

I think I’m in with the 10 as well.

You almost always do it alone ?

Some are in the 700 club, but anyways, back to 200 Greenwich.

5 Likes

Amex is looking to move/increase it’s footprint to 1 million sqft from it’s current location at 200 Vesey St (3 Brookfield Place/3 WFC).

“Silverstein must be drooling,” an industry insider said of Larry Silverstein, who needs a large commitment from a tenant to get his 2 World Trade Center back on track. “It would be the best site for Amex because the employees are already used to the area.”

This would be a great deal for all parties involved, AMEX, Silverstein, and Brookfield. SS & BF are already working together for 5 WTC, why not team up to build 2 WTC too. The amount AMEX is looking for already doubles the sqft Silverstein is looking for to finance 2 WTC of the current 400-500K sqft, it’s perfect.

7 Likes

Let’s get it. This is the perfect chance. Silverstein better not let this chance slip away.

3 Likes

i’m trying to think of other possible landing spots but I’m not coming up with anything. Maybe an office park in the suburbs like Mastercard.

They wouldn’t probably go for an ultra-high price rent in Hudson Yards or Park Ave, WTC has been renting way less, and I wouldn’t expect them to go to the suburbs either as they stuck to Brookfield Place even after sustaining fatalities during 9/11. An expansion to 2WTC would be a no-brainer.

5 Likes

I agree, Amex has been at Brookfield Place since the WFC was completed in the 80s, it’s evident that they’ve believed staying in the city is their best option and moving across the street is a great option to keep within that belief.

2 Likes

Hopefully some reassuring news for this tower.

4 Likes

1 Like

I wouldn’t celebrate just yet, nothing’s happened. Amex hasn’t specifically said anything about potential locations yet.

1 million sqft at 2 WTC is slightly over a 1/3 of the overall sqft (2.86 million), that would be a pretty big deal and it also would bring into question if they would want the latest design or want a new design.

2 Likes