NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

@robertwalpole this is you and me when/if 2WTC is finally ready to rise:

Thank The Lord GIFs | Tenor

3 Likes

I agree!

3 Likes

Now that I think about it, that’s bigger than the proposed 175 Park Avenue in terms of sqft. :astonished:

By the way I’m not sure if this was answered already, but what are the chances the basement design or the tree-building (I made that name up lol) design will be selected? (Assuming 2 WTC finally rises)

Indeed it is, the lot 2 WTC sits on is just much wider (by 100ft) but is slightly more narrow in the other direction, but the overall difference accounts for the difference in height even though it’s bigger in floor area than 175 Park Ave.

Well, we really still don’t know much about the basement design and what it is intended for, it’s just always been speculated that it would’ve been the design built if Silverstein chose to build the tower on spec and the new bundled tube design if an anchor tenant signed on.

1 Like

I have a feeling they’re going with the new bundled tube design eventually, since I’ve heard that Silverstein doesn’t want to built the tower on spec. Also I starting to like the new recent design more, because there’s something about it that makes it appealing to me. Heck, perhaps I might like it even more than the diamond design (still liked that one though). :slight_smile:

Unless the anchor tenant (be it Amex or whoever) wants a new design built. But you’re right about Silverstein not wanting to build the tower on spec, that’s been mentioned on multiple articles and sources.

I don’t particularly like or dislike the newest iteration, it’s ok. The initial diamond scheme will always have the most reasoning behind it’s design decisions. BIG’s stack of boxes idea didn’t make any sense with how he got the design, the basement design is a botched diamond design, and I’d just like to know the reasoning behind the aspects of the newest design.

2 Likes

I imagine even if they redo the design it’ll still have the many terraces. Amenities sell these days and employees seem to like them, or at least developers believe they do and they’re putting them in a bunch of these towers.

3 Likes

I agree with that view that tenants like outdoor spaces as an included amenity now IE, The Spiral, PENN 15, etc. I’m just personally not a fan of the inset terraces on the latest design, and “if” the anchor tenant wanted a new design I’d like for the terraces to be more offset in number.

3 Likes

Me and my diagrams again

I don’t think there is any record of an image showing all 4 designs compared against each other, (besides SSP diagrams, which are also only 2D and made by many different artists including myself and Xing_Lin). But I think this does good to show the extreme difference in each proposal.

(Correction on my part, Thomas has made some from his own sketchup models of the designs)

I’ve also been in the process of designing my own version, but I probably won’t post it for a while if at all, it’s definitely a challenge, so seeing all these designs together shows the tasks that the architects are having to deal with in designing another signature tower for the WTC campus, even though some of them are kind of “odd”.

17 Likes

I wonder if they’ll also consider 175 or 350 Park.

If they do go to 2WTC, I like this.

5 Likes

I really doubt they are looking to spend that much on rent. 175 or 350 will be ultra- luxury towers with a price range like that of 425 Park ($100-200+/sqft) whereas WTC has trended $60-80

A lot of the Amex office looks straight out of the 80s, I don’t think they are thinking about splurging so much as practicality. In fact, I wouldn’t be too surprised if they don’t move anywhere at all in the end

1 Like

Dream-mode on. Bring back the diamond design, maybe add some stories to it, another purpose of roof (atrium/restaurant/observation?) and finally get this long awaited “twin” from the ground!

In a Vin Diesel movie, Babylon A.D. 2WTC was featured, even bigger:

3773-babylon03babylonad-ny-0

6 Likes

^^^^^

I would like that very much.

1 Like

But if I have to choose between the basement design or the stuffed with green one, i’d go for the first one. I see the design with open gardens like a christmas tree, all year round a normal pine but with christmas it’s festive and shiny. During october-march that design will be a boring tower with just some notches and I wonder if it will look good at all with green during the rest of the year.
It’s a trend or hype to sell a design stuffed with green decorations to make the assumption it is good for nature, so it sells better. Like a box of wholefoods shaped into a office tower, same is done with designs on the other side of the pond.

1 Like

Is that a new article to the one I posted? I think it’s the same one.

Oof possibly. I went back and they seemed to have different titles, but the inside content seems the same

2 Likes

7 Likes

Shouldn’t the tip of this one be slightly above the parapet of 1 WTC?

Or is that just a trick of the eye because of the angles of the renders?

2 Likes

It’s just the perspective

I lined up my model beforehand to plan out the placement. The parapet of my 2 WTC model does go slightly above 1 WTC’s communication rings

4 Likes