NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

I think the “diamond” proposal would be better if each of the four diamond tubes ended at a different height, staggered like the tubes of the Willis tower. That would break up that huge angled plain of the current proposal.

3 Likes

That was designed that way for a reason - a symbolic gesture.

Source

12 Likes

I don’t mind this design.

It’s no show-stopper but not every building needs to be a standalone masterpiece. It fits the complex nicely and is more interesting than your run-of-the-mill glass box tower. Also, it kind of looks like the Willis tower (which is a good looking building imho).

Diamonds would’ve been cool, but this is fine.

6 Likes

Saw this on SSP:

https://www.chloeyae.design/work/2wtc

Uh if we’re going for box stacking I vote this one.

21 Likes

While it shares similarities, that doesn’t appear to be the leaked design. But I agree it looks nice. This seems to be the website of the artist who made the building logo, so it might be legit.

5 Likes

That looks fantastic.

3 Likes

I wish some of you would let go of the idea of the twin towers ever existing again. They’re gone for good. Move on. Plus what’s existing there now is clearly architecturally superior.

5 Likes

I mean, they’re not exactly “gone for good”. If some rich developer wanted to build replica twins it wouldn’t be hard, they weren’t exactly that complex of designs. Not that anyone would want to rebuild them when they could just build something way better than the twins today with modern technology. I mean come on guys, they were built in the 70s. If they still stood today I haven’t no doubt that both already would have gone under extensive renovations.

But let’s move on from that, and focus on this new design. I personally want to know more about this groups connection with the sites development, since they seem to already be connected.

I wonder if this was in 2021.

7 Likes

The look of this one from the north is a huge step up from the leaked model, imo. Makes so much more visual sense for the “peak” to be aligned to 1WTC rather than having that awkward fin poking out of the middle. Interesting, now we have an opposing computer render and physical full model, but no idea which one is the final contender…

13 Likes

The branding presentation for that version of 2WTC looked great. It’d be very easy to swap out possible building designs though. We could be getting anything.

1 Like

I’m wondering if this October 28th presentation was from this year or last year. If it was last month, it seems like this is the more recent proposal.

October 28th was on a Thursday in 2021, so it looks like it’s recent.

9 Likes

If this is the latest design, I’ll do a jig.

4 Likes

Fingers crossed. Not earth-shattering, but the massing here is really elegant and respects the original intention of the site plan by rising towards 1WTC.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 10.33.51 AM

14 Likes

3WTC’s spires live on (in fantasy).

5 Likes

What is the roof height for this? Is it over 1350 ft?

As with the Foster model, this one appears to have a peak almost perfectly identical to the roof of 1 WTC. Can’t say for sure but I’d wager it’s no more than 10-20 feet shorter if anything.

1 Like

Typical Foster though. Putting a Sears Tower style bundled tube building in NYC. Still an upgrade over a 150 N Michigan.

1 Like