NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

So is the consensus that this is a legitimate design? I couldn’t tell if this was just experimental renderings for some sort of pitch that may have been scrapped or altered in the time since. Since its from somebody’s personal portfolio, I don’t know how to tell if they shouldn’t have posted this or if they were allowed to since it is no longer in play.

I fear that this was a concept that was pitched but ultimately lost to the Foster…

3 Likes

From the north it reminds me of this: CHICAGO | St. Regis Hotel Chicago (375 E Wacker Dr) | 1,191 FT | 93 FLOORS

This would actually accomplish what BIG’s design did better than Foster’s original–it defers up to One WTC, instead of away. It does it without the falling over effect though, which we know is not a good idea for this site.

7 Likes

On the designer’s website, one of the slides she made has a quote from Foster on it. This may not be the final design but I think that quote indicates this is a legit Foster design and not somebody else’s pitch.

Edit: Here’s a blurry screenshot. That’s definitely ol’ Norm.

7 Likes

My wish for the WTC project was for One WTC to be over 2000 ft with spire. Additionally, the Edgar Street Tower concept would look fantastic with the WTC complex….

6 Likes

Yeah, maybe they have several iterations being considered internally or targeted towards different tenants. The one in the scale model seems far cheaper and more conservative than this, maybe they commissioned different designs for different potential price points

That looks like the Oceanside center in SF

read the small writing above the tower, it says “Lord Norman Foster”, so besides the picture and quote, there’s confirmation that this is a foster design too. it reminds 270 park avenue as well with the overall massing.

5 Likes

This certainly appears to be a Foster building, but its base doesn’t seem to follow the original 2 WTC base.

Anyway, I hope that this is built. It’s really impressive, and the materials look amazing.

7 Likes

I’m sure a new design will leak right as I post these lol.
From my 3d model.

22 Likes

Sorry for the bump in this thread, but I noticed from the PAC website there’s a different design for 2 WTC here

https://www.theperelman.org/construction-milestones

5 Likes

That looks like BIG’s design

1 Like
4 Likes

I fear that this lame PoS is what we’re getting.

Don’t get mad at me, my friend, but I like that one! It looks like a robust 1,350’

If Larry actually secures financing for essentially a 3 million sq foot tower downtown, that’s AMAZING and a testament to the WORLD CAPITAL.

3 Likes

She could bring about world peace with the click of her heels.

1 Like

Hopefully we’ll have some sort of news by the summer. I remember back in September they sounded optimistic they’d have a tenant within 6-12 months. After all these years though I’ve learned to tread lightly on any construction news

1 Like

Now that you mention it, it seems that the start of 6-12 months begins March-September of this year :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m hoping for but at the same time not trying to get my hopes up too high

1 Like

Not before a waiting period of 3-4 months for review.

1 Like

I really hope that this piece of junk isn’t it, but I fear that it is because Yimby has a knack of getting models of Foster’s work.

This is depressing.

1 Like