NEW YORK | 175 Park Avenue (Grand Hyatt) | 1,575 FT | 85 FLOORS

Yes, office allotment is 2.1 million :+1:

@SMCYB I think floor area and volume are hard to visualize hand in hand today because of floor heights.

4 Likes

Yes, that was my thinking.

1 Like

Posted this week by RXR on Instagram. Maybe they’re close to signing a tenant and getting a loan.

12 Likes

I could imagine Equinox taking the top couple floors and having it be one of their higher end locations like the one in Hudson Yards

3 Likes

Hyatt is already taking the top floors

2 Likes

This is a good sign for the office market.

8 Likes

Blackrock is headquartered at 50 Hudson Yards. What does this have to do with this building?

Blackrock is one of the largest index fund managers in the country, so Robert was probably just sharing the article to show that large corporations and companies are slowly making a move back to the office, which would bid well for others unsure of doing so. That would entail a tenant becoming interested in new commercial office stock.

8 Likes

That’s nice. While I do wonder who will anchor it, I don’t really much care about a business in particular as I see this one as happening regardless. It’s too good of a deal.

I wonder how many employees Blackrock has in the New York area?

I thought they opened an office in Miami a few years ago…and who wouldn’t rather work from poolside?

1 Like

While I don’t really care for the design, neither do I believe that this one will not rise, but it’s clear that it’s not going to rise on schedule anymore as it too is being affected by the market conditions towards commercial space atm. Even though it has the Grand Hyatt, I personally wouldn’t consider them to be an anchor tenant since they are only occupying about 1/6th of the total rentable floor area. The tower definitely needs a tenant looking for greater than 500K sqft as I’m not aware that this will be a tower built on spec, or atleast have not heard of such with regards to this project but someone correct me if I’m wrong?

Blackrock had about 2700 employees in NYC in 2016, they’ve since grown by almost 7000 employees globally (~20K) since, so one could say they maybe have >5000 now in NYC.

4 Likes

That’s correct.

Blackstone is one of the prime candidates to anchor this. The FT article underscores the potent trend to return to business as usual among NY’s deep-pocketed employers.

5 Likes

Well Blackstone’s lease at 345 Park Avenue expires in 2028 so they’d still be looking somewhere if 175 Park Ave “wasn’t” slated to be completed until 2029 and mostly likely further now. One also has to take into account that they were previously looking to lease at 350 Park Avenue.

But I have my ears that they are looking to build their own tower somewhere/move their hq. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Does the design call for a pool, because right now I think learning how to hold your breath might be a worthwhile ‘teachable moment’…

1 Like

I’d be shocked if Rudin didn’t give them a five year extension. I think that they have around 800k-1m sf at 345, and it’s not exactly prime space that everyone will be scrambling for. The building is about 60 years old.

How so? :sweat_smile: I’m not sure if the current Hyatt/Grand Hyatt had a pool (I don’t think it does) but I’d imagine that the new Grand Hyatt would. :man_shrugging: I don’t think I need to hold my breath, I don’t really care much for any of the anticipated stock, most of the projects I’m watching have either already been completed or “are” under construction lol.

@robertwalpole Blackstone only occupies 720K sqft at 345 Park Avenue, are you saying that you would be surprised if Rudin didn’t give them an “additional” 5 years after 2028?

2 Likes

I don’t know why blackstone would want to continue to stay in a building that in 2028 will be 59 years old, when there’s so much modern Class A office space coming online not only right now but in the coming years

Yes. As I recall, many companies have left 345 in recent years. When Blackstone leaves, I think that it will be largely empty.

I’d love to see Rudin raze it.

1 Like

LOL sorry, the teachable moment remark was meant for @robertwalpole - I just figured if anybody knew whether or not a pool was part of the master plan it would be you ; )

2 Likes

Ah I see :sweat_smile:

Well there’s supposed to be some type of reflection pool/pond on one of the terraces, surely someone will try to use it as a pool though so there’s that lol :man_shrugging: But generally I haven’t heard/seen word of what type of amenties will be offered, though one would expect it to be the normal amenties offered at other Grand Hyatt properties that aren’t the original one because it barely had anything.

@robertwalpole well it’s still always a possibility, though I think I previously mentioned on another thread that any building replacing it would be the same size through the MER.

4 Likes