NEW YORK | 175 Park Avenue (Grand Hyatt) | 1,575 FT | 85 FLOORS

The render is beautiful, as they always are! I do like the updated design but I still don’t care for the overall appearance though.

5 Likes

Amazing as always! :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice work, Xing. Can you add the new design for 350 Park?

1 Like

Well hot holy waffles with honey fried chicken on top, ain’t she beautiful!

3 Likes

Again the design is a masterpiece, but I want it to be taller

19 Likes

That render features the newer updated version, I think it looks much better. The smaller mullion embellishments making the criss crossing looks elegant as well, a much “lighter” base from the initial iteration, which seemed kind of heavy.

7 Likes

That round corner! :fire: :fire: :fire:

10 Likes

That’s also a softer feature departure from the hard corners of the original design on the base. The overall refinement is a vast improvement.

8 Likes

It’s magnificent! Love how big it is, love the open space, the underground connections, the views you will get of Grand Central and The Chrysler Building (and if something nice gets built in front of it, idk what’s there currently)
Though I’m never not gonna be disappointed with the height.

3 Likes

The entire block to the south of the Hyatt is completely landmarked buildings. So nothing will ever get built immediately infront of it but something could be another block south. :+1:

6 Likes

Interesting. I’ll have a look at those

1 Like

Here is this for reference, :+1:

9 Likes

Easily one of my favorite buildings ever if it gets built as-is! Imagine it’s your first time ever visiting NYC and you walk out of Grand Central to see this (and One Vanderbilt) directly next to it! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Second official render of the overall new proposal with a most likely older version of the crown (we do not know which crown is the final as the render crown is the slightest more simple than the physical model at the SOM offices, the latter of which is how I and Xing have been depicting it in our updated models)

Here is a comparison of the same images with the different versions by The Boundary

Initial version

New version

The newer version is clearly much more sculptural in form and seemingly less bulky in appearance due to the lessening in the number of verticals and the fact that it gets narrower quicker.

16 Likes

I hope the same feeling occurs with Penn Station NY as well. Between Penn Station and Grand Central, two of the key first-impression spots and first impressions mean a lot!

2 Likes

I’m in one of those Landmarked Buildings Across the Street - 380 Lexington, aka The Chanin Building. SW Corner of 42nd & Lex.

I’m going to enjoy seeing this get knocked down and built back up!

6 Likes

The Chanin Building is gorgeous.

2 Likes

send us good construction photos

We are so blessed with many prewar skyscrapers. Chanin is among the best in class, along with Lincoln, Fred French, and 570 Lexington.

1 Like

The prewar gems are what sets New York apart from other skyscraper-dense cities in China or Dubai which just built massive amounts of boring repetitive and soon-to-decay buildings.

3 Likes