NEW YORK | 175 Park Avenue (Grand Hyatt) | 1,575 FT | 85 FLOORS

Apologies about the perspective. Back then during my trip to the Summit, I was still learning photography (as my major), so I was still somewhat a rookie when taking photos from both my camera and phone. :sweat_smile:

Speaking of phone, that shot was taken from that specific device. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@NewYorkCity76 no problem there, the perspective difficulties were definitely not your fault! :+1: It’s not always possible to much up the render 100% to an image.

@exodius Thanks. :+1:That’s the FEIS massing for Site 2B at the Empire Station Complex, which is depicted at 1280’, but it has good potential to be over 1300’. The height (nor a proposal/design) is not yet known though.

1 Like

I finished this render today too so I’ll just post it as well. :+1:

Sorry for the terrible quality, I don’t know why it’s uploading so grainy.

23 Likes

That looks fantastic!

1 Like

Could you add 175 and 270 to this?

4 Likes

I think 175 would be just out of frame here

2 Likes

Good point

Amazing as always!!

1 Like

This tower is magnificent. Reminds me of the two towers in Hong Kong. However, It will look small in 20 years.

4 Likes

Bring it on! There’s a lot of demand!!

Landlords celebrate Manhattan’s premium-lease boom in 2022 (nypost.com)

2 Likes

Alright peoples, last render I’m posting/making of 175 Park (and I threw 520 5th Ave in there too) so that I can use the grace period of my various software/programs to work on my own stuff. :+1: I still have lots of renders of this project and others I’ve modeled (mostly massings though but for 520 5th and my own personal concepts) that I may post on Instagram, but should I post them there I’d respect it if they are not reposted here, I will decide whether to post stuff here (or there, etc) or not.

Photograph by Raimund Koch

27 Likes

Thanks TKDV, you are a great asset to this community. Thanks for all of your knowledge and talent. This rendering is the bomb!

3 Likes

if you really squint it’s like a modern general electric building

7 Likes

Very nice work, TKDV

2 Likes

By posting on Instagram you are granting IG limited rights. I mean, now that Apple is eating their Ad lunch, I would not be surprised to see them hosting that render in the Metaverse. Anyhow…what is your IG handle?

1 Like

Well IG still has their own copyright protection for people that post their own self made work, I just have to be vigilant that stuff I’ve posted/will post is not being reposted without credit. Otherwise, I was mainly meaning that if I decided to post something on IG rather than here and/or not both platforms it was for a reason, so in that sense I would find it respectful for people to not repost my work if I’m solely posting it on IG. (If that makes sense)

I updated my user tag with my IG link. :+1:

@GSPLover Thank you, it means a lot to feel like I’m contributing anything! :+1: Even though I will eventually not be posting visuals anymore and will continue back to my jargon like informative posts instead, I will still always try my best to provide knowledgeable feedback and information where possible.

2 Likes

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Interesting factoid, IG has upwards of 40 billion images on their site. It was reported the other day that Adobe is using cloud customers images to train generative AI and today MicroSoft announced a $10 billion dollar investment in ChatGPT, which could potentially unseat Google in the most lucrative business they have, namely search. All this on the back of models trained off of aggregated content like IG.

Full circle…I just wonder what it means for your rendering software provider and their customers.

3 Likes

I used to have a view of that building from the 20th floor on Third Avenue. It became my favorite in the city. It’s a gorgeous building that most people don’t even know about.

My view was pretty much like this.

20 Likes

This is a stunning tower. It should be converted to apartments.

3 Likes

I’ve spent the break updating my model to show the design seen in the SOM office (and TKDV’s renderings!):

33 Likes