NEW YORK | 175 Park Avenue (Grand Hyatt) | 1,575 FT | 85 FLOORS

Compare and contrast:

10 Likes

One way to visualize the difference is to count the “peaks” (the bits like the pencil tips) in the vertical bands of windows. Looks like it’s down to 7 from a previous 9 on the (both renderings are of the north elevation)

1 Like

Hope this helps everyone, it’s rough, but fairly accurate. They both still have the same concept, but are very different from each other, that is clear.

27 Likes

I prefer the new version.

I prefer the new design also. I wonder if the set backs will have the same “atrium” idea as 425 Park.

I believe they are open air in this instance.

I prefer the old version. But it’s still cool. Build the thing!

5 Likes

I like this updated version better. The beams crossing to the next sections are more in sync with the design of the metal on the base and crown. It doesn’t seem as slapped together as i thought the last design was

5 Likes

I prefer the old version, it looks slimmer with the additional setback and columns but I’m still good with the new version. Hopefully there’s no need for more changes.

4 Likes

That’s an interesting observation since the new design is actually the slightest slimmer than the old one. But overall the bottom and top tiers are the same width on each design.

I like the new version better although each section should have been made more even in height (the base looks short in height compared to the rest)

3 Likes

I would have love the new version, but with the same amount of columns of the old one…I guess you can’t have it all.

1 Like

Got a keep a close eye on this one, turn away too long and it’ll be shorter than MetLife…

And it would be disappointing if they go with the no-action plan.

That’s not happening.

The chances of a developer choosing a no-action plan in any scenario when they are able to do a development with included action that also sometimes includes incentives are slim to none. And considering this has already gone through all of it’s approval processes, that wouldn’t happen in this case. :+1:

3 Likes

Yes that’s what is known as a joke

I agree. I only wish the cross beams were pointed arches, rather than triangles, to echo the base and crown detailing more fully.

5 Likes

Yeah there’s a clash there that drives me crazy about this building. With rounded/chamfered corners, and gothic arches on each tier, this would be a complete masterpiece.

3 Likes

The detail models confirm that the corners are rounded so that aspect atleast checks out lol.