NEW YORK | 175 Park Avenue (Grand Hyatt) | 1,575 FT | 85 FLOORS

It’s kinda insane how big and tall this one is gonna be. Would be the tallest in all but a few cities, NYC being one of them.

1 Like

Not counting spires, It’ll sure look the tallest.

4 Likes

Ah but only for a little bit. We still have another taller proposal, and Midtown East is far from over.
Exciting times!

1 Like

Let’s get back on topic (1 person in general…). Off topic stuff deleted.

4 Likes

Just a few old pictures of the old Commodore Hotel today. The lower pictures were taken when the foundation for the chrysler building was excavated.

And also an old postcard from 1934 of the hotel.

Collection by Miss Mackensen

12 Likes

Before the former prez covered it in glass.

Yeah, and before he unlawfully added that burdensome illegally zoned overhang addition above the entrance.

It will be a sight to see once this comes down as it will be the first time in the Chrysler building’s history that it’s full front facade will be in view without obstruction. The timeline for demolition is supposed to be 18 months after the hotel closes for good. I don’t think construction will be in tandem with demolition like it was at 270 Park Ave just because all of the mess below ground involving the Subway station.

6 Likes

Both of those photos are already here within 9 posts of your post.

6 Likes

We’ll close this thread in the meantime until some real news comes out.

6 Likes

This was reopened.

1 Like

Via Robert Walpole:

3 Likes

1 Like

Is there a possibility of 500 meters?

Does anyone have photos of the renovation of the facade?

Since RXR is adding a beautiful greenspace adjacent to this, I hope that the city closes this to cars and makes it a park.

12 Likes

That’s a great idea!

2 Likes

I agree. This is not essential to traffic, and it would be an oasis for workers in the area, especially since there’s no greenspace in the immediate vicinity.

It would complement the adjacent space that RFR plans.

7 Likes

A highline for midtown! Definitely would boost tourism in the area to an even higher level

4 Likes

I agree