NEW YORK | 141 Willoughby St | 360 FT | 23 FLOORS

Crazy how they section of Flatbush Avenue filled up so quickly

1 Like

Façade!

12 Likes

11 Likes

They’re now past the second setback. Where you see a blue porta-potty in this photo will be a terrace.

16 Likes

I think the core is complete. At the rate they’re going, structural steel could top out in a week or two.

13 Likes

New façade work around the main entrance on Willoughby. This is from Tuesday.

14 Likes

Nice!

Façade work seems to be ramping up.

9 Likes

I suspect this is going to officially top out tomorrow.

And here is some new façade work, for the first time showing what the repeating design will be going up the rest of the way:

10 Likes

15 Likes

The façade is going up quickly and the crane is almost gone.

11 Likes

Mr. Kotter would be proud.

2 Likes

Better, daytime photos:

12 Likes

After the crane was removed, they recently spent some time filling in the lower façade on the Gold St. side.

11 Likes

11 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaQ80JtAzZR/?utm_medium=copy_link

8 Likes

After another pause, the curtain wall installation is back underway and moving very quickly.

This is from yesterday.

13 Likes
2 Likes

This is, indeed, closing in on curtain wall completion.

There are still a few floors to go on the other side, but it’s getting there.

Can I just say how grateful I am that this building has a cohesive, attractive façade on all sides?

The main wall you’re looking at in this photo (to the left) is facing Gold St, a relatively narrow street on this block. And it’s facing 4 MetroTech, which hides most of this façade from most angles except the exact one where I took this photo. The core of this building is right up against this exterior wall.

Most other architects / developers would have put a blank concrete wall here. It would have been easier and cheaper and, in this specific location, relatively few people would have complained.

But they didn’t do that; they did the right thing and made it look like a proper building from all angles. And for that, I am grateful.

12 Likes

Starting to button up the façade at the top. And if you look closely, you can see glass railing being installed at the setback.

12 Likes