NEW YORK | 111 West 57th St | 1,428 FT | 91 FLOORS

Tec

14 Likes

The concrete forms are at the roof, 1,257.5 feet up

7 Likes

Pretty neat. Roof height is less than 8 feet higher than ESB and tip height is less than 30 feet lower than ESB’s antenna.

7 Likes

D U E L I N G I C O N S

15 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvJ4vr_gGSk/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=mly3xk8k2o3h

14 Likes

11 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvSYOKrAW4k/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=v6szsgi2qjsa

11 Likes

panel installation seems to have stalled on the south face… wonder what the delay is

2 Likes

This is an incredibly complex project. They still have scaffold and a temporary crane to get rid of on that side. Then they can start to install, probably from the inside like most facade installations. It most likely will begin to happen soon but in this case I think patience is a virtue.

4 Likes

To me this is the most impressive project in nyc right now and its a miracle there haven’t had more accidents. The narrowest tower (almost 25:1!) with almost no place to stage materials and non-union labor. Not to mention the tumult among investors and related lawsuits. Also pretty incredible that they went with a fabulous design that certainly wasn’t the cheapest option for JDS.

12 Likes

New York City / Central Park by Aviller71, on Flickr

Source

9 Likes

Today

14 Likes

Such a nice day out, right?

16 Likes

Saw Gregg Pasquarelli speak this evening about the modern skyscraper and SHoP’s American Copper Building, 111 W. 57th, and 9 DeKalb projects. New York is lucky to have this guy doing what he does. He gave much of credit to Michael Stern of JDS and the rest of SHoP - bringing these landmarks to fruition is a team effort as he made clear.

14 Likes

Pic by me. Taken today.

This tower is extremely thin from the NJ side.

111 West 57th - 03-29-19 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

15 Likes

Nice shot, mi amigo!

Is that from Weehawken?

1 Like

Union City. :blush:

3 Likes

the bjarke ingels pyramid is so cool, it gives such a pop to those hudson river shots!

3 Likes

Tectonic

16 Likes

That’s a great view of the new towers! Only if 53W53 wasn’t blocked by the MetLife Building

5 Likes