NEW YORK | 1020-1026 Third Ave | FT | FL

This is a very nice location.

^any idea what could happen here?

This garbage is out of place in this nice area.

Also, it’s basically adjacent to Kuafu’s Subway Inn site.

2 Likes

I don’t know, but if Kuafu could build to around 1,000’, I’d image that something pretty tall could rise here.

I’ve always loved this huge waterwall which is across 61st St from this site.

1 Like

Oh I see. Lets hope something at least 800 ft rises here then, just a little UWS & UES rivalry. Though once the ABC sites gets developed, the UWS will dominate, not just the UES but most of Manhattan.

2 Likes

I’d be shocked if anything very tall rises on the ABC site. I think 800’ is about as tall as they’ll go. The lawsuits from NIMBYS would hold development up forever.

I don’t know the probability of anything higher than 500’ being developed here. Even though it’s on the same block as the Kuafu site, the block is cutup among different zoning districts. It’s on a significantly smaller lot (all 3 joined) than the Kuafu site which also had air rights bought from an adjacent property to it’s east, but the largest this site can hold with the zoning is only 85,000 sqft, which isn’t that big. It probably wouldn’t be much bigger/taller than the small boutique like apartments that were built behind 425 Park Avenue.

Hopefully they get that gray building on the corner before starting anything!

1 Like

I think that’s part of the site.

That’s fine with me. I don’t care if buildings are here are very tall.

1 Like

Only the 3 buildings highlighted in the image are included in the purchase/parcel, the corner building isn’t included.

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t check the addresses.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bloomingdale’s reduced its footprint and developed its mundane Third Ave annex. In this age on online shopping, I don’t see the need for a full-block store.

1 Like

As far as height, I’d be elated with something like 200 E 83rd St., which is 489’ tall.

2 Likes

It’s actually quite possible, it just depends on the air rights, 200 E83rd is double the allowable FAR for it’s lot area. If this buildings allowable area is double, proportionally, the building would be around 400’. That would be similar to other towers lining 3rd Avenue as you near Midtown.

3 Likes

5 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

stupid cantilever must be

2 Likes
1 Like