MELBOURNE | STH BNK by Beulah | 1197 + 826 FT | 93 FLOORS

„ That’s what will greet visitors to STH BNK by Beulah – a new dual-tower “greenscraper” complex planned for Melbourne that’s set to include the tallest building in Australia when complete in 2028.

Better yet, travelers will be able to spend the night in it when visiting the country’s second most populated city.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts announced this week that Four Seasons Melbourne will occupy the top floors of the western tower – the shorter of the two – of this unique project.

Travelers will enter the 210-room hotel through a Sky Lobby situated on the 63rd floor. While the hotel brand hasn’t disclosed the number of floors it will occupy, the announcement says there will be health and wellness experiences, multiple event spaces and a rooftop restaurant and bar.

With a staggering estimated investment of AUD2.7billion (or $1.9 billion), it’s composed of two high-rises.

The taller tower will rise 365 meters over the Southbank District in Melbourne. It will surpass the 322.5-meter-tall Q1 Tower on the Gold Coast to claim the title of the tallest building in Australia. According to the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, the second tower will be 273 meters tall.

But the design is what really sets it apart.„

5 Likes
4 Likes

MELBOURNE | Southbank by Beulah - Green Spine | 366m | 1201ft | 102 fl | 251m | 823ft | 59 fl

3 Likes

This project is now known as STH BNK by Beulah .

The heights have been revised: 355m and 273m.

Its initial sales campaign has been strong.

And here are new renders.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce3J6tDFWAq/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

Well, an upside to this whole pandemic situation is that developers are taking clean air, and cleaner spaces in general a lot more seriously

3 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

Latest confirmed heights:

Resi tower: ~365m
Office/ hotel tower: ~273-293m

7 Likes

Very nice!!!

2 Likes

@CraigM

https://forum.newyorkyimby.com/t/the-world-city-photo-thread/2922/430?u=007

1 Like

Here is a link to probably the best ‘on the ground’ advice on what’s happening with this development:

Looks like a bit of uncertainty surrounding it.

1 Like

uncertainties??

but not that it will be canceled?

I don’t know.* The link I posted should be helpful. Alternately, look up either Melbourne’s ‘The Age’ newspaper, or the Murdoch-owned ‘Herald-Sun’. Or the national ‘Australian Financial Review’. They might have some information, if you conduct a search within.

I will say that after COVID hit, that developments like this one that were targeting offshore buyers (read: Chinese) took a big hit as those investors were told not to invest overseas.

*I’m from Sydney, now residing in Canberra, so my knowledge on the subject is at best, second-hand.

1 Like
1 Like

Melbourne is now larger than Sydney, due to changes in city limit sizes.

1 Like

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/sth-bnk-by-beulah-construction-to-start-later-this-year/news-story/1ad69ee83d1b363d8de7245e5105fc79