Today

5 Likes

Today

2 Likes

Earlier today. Brick facade going in

3 Likes

Construction seems to be moving along after a long delay

5 Likes

Hopefully this part of downtown picks up in terms of development. Its pretty close to Bergen-Lafayette neighborhood. It would be nice to see the two areas more connected.

This part of downtown is where the proposed Bates Street Redevelopment is located

https://forum.newyorkyimby.com/t/jersey-city-bates-street-redevelopment-plan-4-x-50-floors/4935

The only issue I see with this part of town is it is a bit of a walk to any public transit - the HBLR Jersey Ave stop is probably 10 minutes away. Not too far, but looks-wise seems further

1 Like

It’s also a flood zone.

I hope the Bates Street plan happens because it would bring much needed affordable housing, but the Van Vorst Park people are strongly against it and they are rich and well-connected.

1 Like

They cut back on this project due to a lot of objections. I don’t know of any current status of the project.https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/08/jersey-citys-bates-street-development-will-no-longer-include-50-story-tower-under-new-plan.html

Looks like it - that article says 4 30 story towers now. Still very significant and larger than the current one under construction.

Speaking of that one…slow going. These are over a week apart. Spot the difference

4 Likes

8 Likes

There’s actually been a decent amount of progress here, but not on the side facing me.

From a few weeks ago

Much more progress on this side

5 Likes

Not too much progress on the front facade

6 Likes

Slowww…from three weeks ago

7 Likes

8 Likes

Well, they’re still really slow. But they did add the blue vapor barrier recently

Edit 8/16/20 - Can’t reply more than 3 times in a row…

As you can see, progress on this one remains rather slow - these photos are taken over a 2 week period

5 Likes

From a few days ago - slowly, slowly finishing

EDIT from week of 10/18 - Finishing up the bottom

6 Likes

Inching towards the finish line - 2/17/21

7 Likes

Marketing is up - I’ll consider this done, finally

7 Likes

This one seems complete and renting

Hopefully this jump starts the rest of the area

7 Likes