JERSEY CITY | Warren at Bay (124-142 Warren St) | FT | 6 FLOORS

Photo by @JC_Heights showing the building on the top left

This is an old proposal, but I found these renderings online and figured I should make a page for it. I’ve seen some activity on site in February, so I guess it was approved? Anyway, it’s a great project that will help bring more street retail and foot traffic to the area without adding another tall tower.

5 Likes

image (1)

Loopnet has a whole other set of documents from both the developer and the architects, so not sure which is more current. It does say that construction was supposed to finish this July.

6 Likes

Construction on a long-planned commercial and retail building in Downtown Jersey City is scheduled to get underway this spring, the developers of the site said.

The Arts & Powerhouse Building at 124 Bay St. in the Powerhouse Arts District, being developed by Kushner and KABR Group, will include 112,630 square feet of loft style office space, a 10,000-square-foot rooftop deck, $250,000 dedicated to the display of works by local artists and more than 33,000 square feet of retail space on the ground floor.

The developers released new renderings of the building, a former warehouse that was built in 1914 and purchased in 2016. They also announced that Tacombi, the popular New York taco chain, has signed on as a tenant, joining Chinese hot pot eatery Haidilao.

“We are proud to partner with KABR Group in this exciting redevelopment of an historic Jersey City building,” said Nicole Kushner Meyer, principal of Kushner Companies. “In addition to bringing creative class office space to the Powerhouse Arts District, we look forward to infusing the work of local artists throughout the project.”

5 Likes

4 Likes

They’ve started working on the inside. All the windows have been removed so far

2 Likes

Yep, here it is from a few weeks ago, and today.

4 Likes

About a month ago

3 Likes

Work has gone into full swing! Passed by yesterday

5 Likes

No updates here in a while - work continues, core seems to be coming up (can’t see it in the picture)

3 Likes

@apophenic can this be relisted? This project is ongoing and under construction

Taken yesterday

5 Likes

Adding windows

They’ve also added framing for one of the additional floors - will try to get pics when I walk by next

4 Likes

Core for the glass section going up

6 Likes