JERSEY CITY | Emerson Lofts (315-326 15th St) | 304 FT | 26 FLOORS x 3

Hat tip to @the726:

The debt will fuel Manhattan’s work on Emerson Lofts , envisioned as an eventual 1,000-unit complex at 315-326 15th Street. MRC’s loan will back the project’s first phase, a 26-story, 350-apartment tower that would also include 10,000 square feet of commercial space.

Future plans for the site, for which the MRC financing provides pre-development money, also include the conversion of a 600,000-square-foot industrial building — formerly the Emerson Radio Factory — into loft-style apartments. Blueprints also contemplate two other ground-up residential construction projects.

This site is undergoing demolition/site prep, will start foundation work very soon. The building permit applications are already in the city’s system. Will try to post pics soon.

Here’s a rendering of the site. The tower that got financing is the one to the back left in this picture:

emerson-lofts-nj

A site plan:

10 Likes

@JC_Heights @the726 I’ve edited/updated the post with more accurate renderings.

4 Likes

Foundation being poured:

8 Likes

We seem to have traveled here around the same time

From this weekend

7 Likes

No activity today but it looks like it should start to rise soon.

6 Likes

This one got its full construction permits today.

https://www.sdlportal.com/towns/nj/hudson/jerseycity/building/permits/155163

It’s insane how many buildings in JC these days are were already out of the ground before permits are even issued!

6 Likes

Feb 24 (2 weeks ago)

6 Likes

Yesterday

4 Likes

Today

On the other side they have cleared the 2 lots for the new Cole’s st Park.

Phase 2 of the enclave or van leer. Not sure what the north phase is called.

Behind the 14th st garden center is cleared too

In between the cast iron lofts - the lot seemed to be recently cleared (again).

4 Likes

Are the last two photos of those lots part of the development with 305 Cole St.? With Viñoly as the architect

3 Likes

The last one is. I didn’t know it was going to be vinoly. That has some great potential then.

The 2nd to last shot is the lot between this Emerson lofts and the 14th St garden center. (Between 15th and 14th St-.

1 Like

viñoly is a crappy architect. way overrated.

also horrible to work for. he runs a sweatshop and abuses the junior architects who work for him, at least according to glassdoor reviews and some of my wife’s acquaintances in the industry (wife is an architect at a different NYC firm).

3 Likes

6 Likes

This one has restarted temporarily

7 Likes

it’s strange having rode my bike through there for 4 years and now it’s getting developed

2 Likes

Today

6 Likes

10 Likes

5 Likes

9 Likes

Yesterday

5 Likes