JERSEY CITY | 88 Regent St | FT | 32 FLOORS

Proposed for the Liberty Harbor North redevelopment plan on the southern edge of downtown:

QNCXr58

329 units, with ground-floor retail and about one or two floors of office space. Just to the right of the building in the picture is the Jersey Ave light rail station. Approved by Planning Board last night.

10 Likes

Today.

All the equipment at 88 regent is still for 333 grand I think. So still nothing going on here.

5 Likes

"With construction at 333 Grand Street set to wrap in the early spring, the biggest developer behind the Liberty Harbor project has already gained approvals for a new tower set to rise at the intersection of Jersey Avenue and Regent Street.

Last month, representatives from Liberty Harbor met with the Van Vorst Park Association to present their modified plans for property they own at 88 Regent Street. The Planning Board then signed off on the changes at their November 17th meeting, which fully conform to the area’s existing zoning.

Designed by Hoboken-based Marchetto Higgins Stieve, the 32-story development will consist of 392 rental apartments, 9,110 sq. ft. of ground floor retail, and over 5,000 sq. ft. of office space. A multi-level garage with space for over 300 cars will be included at the property, but will be buried within the structure from the street to better conceal it from pedestrians.

Construction should start in mid-2018 and is anticipated to take about 30 months to build out."

8 Likes

They have started some preliminary construction on this tower. Good news! With this starting construction, there’s probably one or two areas left to develop on Phase One of Liberty Harbor. On to Phase 2!

9 Likes

@chris08876: This one needs to be changed to UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

I walked past the site today, and many piles have been driven.

6 Likes

Done. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here are the pics. You can see the recently completed 333 Grand St in the first pic (they’ll share a party wall):

10 Likes

Today

7 Likes

Today

7 Likes

that’s quite a porous site…

2 Likes

Foundation has started.

8 Likes

Foundation continues (1/12)

8 Likes

Today

Towards the back it appears that they have started the first floor.

6 Likes

Crane is up

11 Likes

8 Likes

Today

7 Likes

6 Likes

Once this is done, there’s only 1 more parcel, the midrise next to 235 Grand St. Crazy how quickly this all came together!

3 Likes

Sure, only one more parcel north of the light rail tracks. But still at least another 15,000-18,000 units left south of the tracks (12,757 in Liberty Harbor North, 2,250 at Crescent Park, and about 3,000 in the rest of the Grand-Jersey redevelopment plan). So overall it’s less than 25% done!

13 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I meant haha. They built up the first phase so quickly. I’m hopeful the planned developments will look better/more urban than the towers at Newport.

6 Likes