JERSEY CITY | 501 Summit Ave | 556 FT | 53 FLOORS

Update: renderings below found by me and arctic_camel:

Original Post: Subtle stepbacks and cantilevers, black and white color palette. Has a public plaza on the northeast corner along Summit Ave.

607 units and 3,200 sq ft retail, as well as 140 parking spaces.

The Applicant is proposing to construct a 53 story 556' 8 mixed use tower on a base structure containing: 607 dwelling units, approximately 3,183 ground floor commercial retail space, 35,813 sf of valet parking, 3,200 sf public plaza area, landscaping and other streetscape improvements.

For this parcel across from Journal Squared (used to be a Burger King):

8 Likes

Cat’s out of the bag on this one. Here’s the rendering. It’s a perspective trick that makes it look shorter than the journal squared tower 1 behind it, but in reality it’s about the same height as that one.

10 Likes

Looks amazing. JS is growing quickly

2 Likes

Another pic:

9 Likes

More drawings from the site plan application:

6 Likes

The shape/ materials of this tower is really exciting. It’ll contrast nicely with the Journal Squared complex.

2 Likes

Sorry guys, I don’t know how I miss the threads for these. I think it might be the numbers messing me up.
From chris08876:
Renderings Revealed as 499 Summit Avenue Heads to Jersey City’s Planning Board

Quote:

The area surrounding the Journal Square PATH station has seen significant high-rise construction over the past few years and another tower could soon add to the landscape if officials green light a new proposal.

The land is owned by Panepinto Properties, who previously gained now-expired approvals to develop the property back in 2016. The company is hoping their latest proposal comes to fruition and has hired New York-based HLW International to draw up the latest plans.

The new development would rise just over 556 feet at the tallest point, consisting of a smaller five-story base plus the high-rise tower. The potential project would include 304 bicycle parking spaces in the building’s cellar and a valet parking facility in the rear of the building to be accessed via Summit Avenue with vehicle lifts capable of storing up to 140 cars.

The ground floor of the project would feature 3,183 square feet of ground-floor retail space set to face Summit Avenue, which would be spruced up under the proposal. The development of the land would add a 3,200-square-foot public plaza adjacent to the roadway complete with landscaping work and other streetscape improvements.

499 Summit Avenue’s residential component totals 607 units that skew smaller under the current proposal, breaking down as 107 studios, 388 one-bedrooms, 100 two-bedrooms, and 12 three-bedroom spaces. The development’s approval would require the city’s planning board to grant several “c” variances but does not appear to trigger the newly enacted affordable housing ordinance, as affordable units at the project are listed as “n/a” on the application.

Proposed amenities at the development include a sixth-floor outdoor amenity area complete with separate indoor spa and lounge sections. A wraparound terrace on the 53rd floor spanning over 4,000-square feet would come complete with windscreens in addition to a 1,361-square foot indoor communal kitchen and a 1,337-square foot coworking lounge.

3 Likes

Full approvals by the Planning Board :+1:

4 Likes

Tearing up the parking lot today:

12 Likes

Now if only they could start the one across the street…

Someone I know with knowledge of the matter says that the current owners of that site across the street (500 Summit) have no plans to build it themselves at this point. They are actively shopping the property to sell it, as of last week. That also gibes with what I was told by city councilman Boggiano a year ago.

2 Likes

Makes sense. They’ll probably make more money selling it than building it at this point

501 Summit Ave

4 Likes

Broke ground today. You can see that the first piles are on site, on the lower right corner of these photos. @yimby

11 Likes

I wonder where JC ranks in the US for skyscrapers.

2 Likes

So many highrises popping up, JC will have two separate, fleshed-out skylines soon

6 Likes

Just found a better rendering. Put it at the top of the page. Also, saw more piles being delivered today. Will update with that photo when I get a chance later.

20 Likes

another one

edit:

plus this one

18 Likes

Several piles are in the ground (you can see them in the back near the pile driver), but they aren’t exactly moving at lightning speed. Just a small crew working on it.

They did get their support-of-excavation permit a couple weeks ago though. Foundation permit is still pending.

10 Likes

I saw another dozen piles in the ground today, and a work crew of around 5 guys. And now they have a construction loan. Full speed ahead soon I think.

5 Likes

7 Likes