DALLAS | Field Street | 890 FT | 83 FLOORS

Rendering by KOHN PEDERSEN FOX

„One of the largest proposed projects in Dallas is moving forward after receiving unanimous zoning approval from the Dallas City Council Wednesday.

On an 11-acre parcel between N. Houston and N. Field streets where the North End Apartments are currently located, Dallas-based Hunt Realty Investments is planning an ambitious mixed-use project, tentatively called the Field Street development. The project could include multiple skyscrapers, a 1.5-acre park and as much as 3.75 million square feet of commercial and residential space. Its tallest skyscraper could also reach higher than 80 stories, according to plans submitted to the Oak Lawn Committee last year.“

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2021/08/13/hunt-realty-investments-uptown-tower.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMFB_DA&csrc=6398&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0KmyPaMocNIlp4Q53fAmcKK_q9CIPkGrrAwmspQBjDkg1yhjfQl4K8MiY

9 Likes

How great is the interest in these two new categories:

ASIA

and TEXAS as a U.S. state for all cities except Austin.?

2 Likes

I don’t know about Texas, but we do get a lot of submissions from Asia, even if they’re not at a frequency I would like

1 Like

Category Asia :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :grinning:

2 Likes
2 Likes

6 Likes

„ The Dallas City Council votes Wednesday on incentives connected with two big additions to the skyline.

An 80-story building on North Field Street would become the city’s tallest building, taller than the Bank of America Plaza. The other project would occupy normally vacant surface parking lots south of Dallas City Hall.

The New Park development on Canton at Akard streets was a competitor for Amazon’s second headquarters competition four years ago. Now it is moving forward without Amazon.

It will be a 38-story mixed-use high-rise with office, apartment, hotel and retail space.“

4 Likes

Go go go Dallas

3 Likes
4 Likes

If Goldman Sachs follows JP Morgan in instituting this policy, there is no way they will be allowed to do business in Texas. That would seriously jeopardize the likelihood this tower would be built.

3 Likes

Too bad for Dallas :-1:

I quote ATX on SSP

„ News articles have been a bit misleading. To be clear, the Goldman Saks tower will be 800,000 sq feet in size, so closer closer to 35-45 floors with a completion date no later than December 2027. The 83-story tower is proposed as residential/hotel, no updates on it since November 2020.“

Situated on 11 acres, this 540-unit luxury multifamily complex is strategically located in Dallas’ Uptown District, adjacent to the Victory Park development, the American Airlines Center and the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
Hunt Realty’s operating partner, JPI, developed North End on brownfield land prior to the completion of plans for the surrounding entertainment sports complex. Anticipating continued growth of the Uptown District, Hunt Realty acquired full ownership of North End in 2000 as a strategic long-term investment.

I don’t think even if Goldman Saks doesn’t come to Dallas so the whole project is put on hold. Goldman Saks is building a 35-45 floors building in Dallas while JP Morgan is building a supertall in New York.

And if the Dallas deal doesn’t happen, would Goldman Saks want to build a supertall in New York?

3 Likes

Goldman Sachs already has a state-of-the-art headquarters across from the WTC. Not to mention their space right across the river in Jersey City.

2 Likes

Ridiculous decision by Goldman

Whatever happened to respecting state rights? I hope Gregory Abbott bans them from doing business in Texas

2 Likes

If Pro-life states are going to die on that hill, companies will leave. It’s not the 1920s. Women work. Companies are going to accommodate them so they stay happy and productive.

8 Likes

Can you read articles? I only get the paywall is at Real Deal sometimes.

If so can you quote a few lines?

3 Likes

If you get the paywall, just copy the link and then go to an incognito tab

2 Likes

New Renderings

3 Likes

https://borderlessandbeyond.com/goldman-sachs-gives-first-look-at-new-dallas-office-set-up-near-downtown/

5 Likes