CHICAGO | 400 N Lake Shore Dr | 875 + 765 FT | FLOORS

Robert!!!

1 Like

Haven’t seen this render posted yet:

Dream come true honestly. I remember when other companies started bidding for the site and one of the developers who wanted it was planning on building an amphitheater there. SO glad these have a bigger chance of getting built.

IMO, Chicago has enough parks. It doesn’t have enough supertalls. Glad to see these proposed :smiley:

4 Likes

This is stunning. If this and the Tribune Tower are built, Chi will surpass NY as the best skyline!

2 Likes

Heresy!

2 Likes

Funny.

Right now, I think that NY’s is better, but the Trib and these are amazing, so I’d have to give Chi Town the thumbs up if they’re built.

1 Like

Gotta stop drinking the cool-aid. I know its good, I’ve had some, but snap out of it!

lol jk

tenor

But in all seriousness, yes, Chicago has an epic skyline. I will say this, in terms of aesthetics and symmetry, I think its the current king.

3 Likes

In my opinion NYC is like a god of supertalls under construction. But don’t get me wrong, Chicago is getting there, the skyline will truly change in the next 10 years just like NYC

2 Likes

“If things move forward smoothly, Related Midwest aims to simultaneously break ground on both towers in the summer of 2019 and deliver the project in 2023.”-Chicago Curbed

2 Likes

That would be great. Lets hope for the best. Related tends to have a good track record of success.

5 Likes

I like these towers, but I would’ve loved to see a megatall here.

3 Likes

The location seems perfect for it.

3 Likes

When is your trip to Chicago, Tom?

I think you may prefer it to NY.

NY is way bigger, but Chicago makes a lot of effort to beautify the sidewalks with planters, etc. Chicago takes a lot more pride in the city’s appearance.

2 Likes

Pushed it back to August 12, but I still can’t wait to go!

1 Like

You’ll have fun.

2 Likes
3 Likes

He much prefers a giant hole.

1 Like

Such a shame. This would have been amazing :frowning:

https://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/2018/10/23/chicago-spire-replacement-not-dead-yet/

2 Likes

Palma and Partners just posted this, looks like it’s on the site of the spire

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5mCriAJsqR/?igshid=i7eifjfd0jnd

the current plans for the 2 towers have been canned, and related has until the spring to break ground

5 Likes

Chicago politics is another world lol.

1 Like