Chicago | 1000M (1000 S Michigan Ave) | 805 FT | 73 FLOORS

Yup! Lol

3 Likes

Well, thats not how it works, and thats not a set rule on YIMBY Forums. Anyone is free to post any development in any city, with their location completely irrelevant.

Now lets get back on topic. Back to 1000M

I don’t have to be and want to be. I’m just rectifying these forums because im dedicated to YIMBY

1 Like

I’m going to put my two cents in here. Chicago was the first big city I lived in, for two years so I have a lot of nostalgia about it. It’s sad that a lot of people (outside of the midwest) have never visited. Chicago in the summer is SO MUCH FUN. Of course these days with so much crime you have to watch out but there is incredible artwork, the buildings of course and a pretty wild nightlife which, from what I hear is better than NYC these days.
There’s so many people that go to Europe on a regular basis that have never visited Chicago. That is not good thinking imo.

6 Likes

I have been to Chicago twice 2018 and 2019 it is a very nice city.

5 Likes

She’s a Mod and you had better watch your tone.

I think many here would agree … you don’t think …

Chicago is a wonderful city. I’ve lived there. I just visited there in July. There are few cities in the states that are more enjoyable.

3 Likes

I deleted some very stupid comments in this topic.

007 please change your behavior towards us and please come back to the right topic.

8 Likes

Suspension occurred for the one that keeps spamming and not adding any constructive feedback.

7 Likes

Thank you that was becoming insufferable. Long live Chicago.

3 Likes

I think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen someone suspended from this forum. Unlike skyscraperpage, this one is ultra forgiving, so you know you really f***ed up if you get put in time out here lol

3 Likes

Last time I went to Chicago was almost 10 years ago. This was before I moved back to NYC so I wasn’t used to seeing talk buildings daily. I remember seeing a lot of touristy things. But seeing the Sears Tower and John Hancock for the first time—it was an incredible sense of awe and admiration. From an engineering to a tourist perspective, it was very much an ‘America, f yeah’ moment.

Even though Chicago isn’t putting up a crazy amount of supertalls, I still cheer for its success, and all our cities here in the US.

6 Likes

Yeah unfortunately Chicago can’t seem to put one up. Unfortunate. Hopefully Tribune East works out.

As for this one, I believe this will be the second tallest under construction in the city after Salesforce?

1 Like
1 Like

Ah I see. So this will be third under construction then.

1 Like
3 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like